This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

BBC audio by Lewis

The man. The myth.

BBC audio by Lewis

Postby larry gilman » December 5th, 2005, 5:52 pm

larry gilman
Wardrobian

re: BBC audio by Lewis

Postby Sven » December 5th, 2005, 8:44 pm

I've got it, and no, it really isn't worth the cost. If you want something with his voice on it, get the CD of The Four Loves, but not the one offered by the Episcopal Media Center. Get the one from W Publishing, which sells for a much more reasonable price, . Unfortunately, it isn't listed in the Wardrobe bookstore, but if you go to Amazon via our bookstore, then go to the audio CD listing, a few cents of your purchase will help defray our server costs.

Sven

Postby larry gilman » December 6th, 2005, 8:48 pm

larry gilman
Wardrobian

Postby Solomons Song » December 8th, 2005, 4:10 pm

It's also available

I have it. It is pretty good.
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby Arend Smilde » January 4th, 2006, 10:16 pm

It might be old news really, but it was great news for me: I never knew until today that the only one of Lewis's wartime BROADCAST TALKS that has been preserved can now be listened online:

BBC's explanation says that it is the last episode, broadcast on 21 March 1944. There is a difference here with the survey in Justin Phillips's book C. S. Lewis at the BBC (2002), which says that the last instalment was given on 4 April. But what is more interesting is that there is so much difference between the spoken text and the printed text published that same year as Beyond Personality. Lewis starts with the second paragraph of chapter 3 ("Time and beyond time"), then after two pages goes on with a passage I haven't identified yet in the book, and finally reads portions from the beginning and the end of the last chapter "The New Men").
Arend Smilde
Wardrobian

Postby NarniaLover89 » January 4th, 2006, 10:48 pm

Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.-Saint Patrick Of Ierland

old user name Ian
NarniaLover89
Wardrobian

Postby Arend Smilde » January 4th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Arend Smilde
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis