This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Another thread about Jack's faith.

The man. The myth.

Another thread about Jack's faith.

Postby AslansGirl » February 23rd, 2006, 1:57 am

If you are what you should be, you will set the workd ablaze!
AslansGirl
Wardrobian

re: Another thread about Jack's faith.

Postby Sarah N. » February 23rd, 2006, 10:45 pm

Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Postby David » February 24th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Hi, Aslan's Girl. I read that book and thought it was absolutely hideous. Pearce, a Catholic, tries to prove that C. S. Lewis really wanted to convert to Catholicism but did not have the courage to do so. He all but insults Lewis and his family while doing this and also makes numerous unkind and half-true assertions about Protestant theologians and leaders. He unfavorably compares Lewis to John Henry Newman, an Anglican who converted to Catholicism, saying things like "Newman bowed to the true true Church, Lewis kowtowed to the memory of his grandfather." I was appalled at the mean-spirited way this man wrote about Lewis. So I didn't like the book at all. I did a review of it for a C. S. Lewis journal called The Lamp-Post and you can read my critique of it there--issue is not out yet but should be hitting the press sometime this year.
The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
David
Wardrobian

Re: Another thread about Jack's faith.

Postby mjmann » February 26th, 2006, 8:49 am

mjmann
Wardrobian

Postby David » February 26th, 2006, 5:28 pm

I think it was very mean-spirited and I'll try to find some quotes to show what I mean.

dwl
The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
David
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » February 26th, 2006, 8:47 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis