This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

How can they miss the mark so??!

The man. The myth.

How can they miss the mark so??!

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2004, 1:06 am

I was in turns moved by all sorts of contradictory emotions while reading this text, which seems to me alternately ridiculous and tragic:

The irony is that the title of this Web site is "Biblical Discernment Ministries"!

Sorry for the redundancy if this article has been discussed here before. I just came running here to a community of people who would understand my feelings about it.

Re: How can they miss the mark so??!

Postby Robert » August 22nd, 2004, 1:15 am

I have never read so much trash in one article. This is incredible! I have never heard of this ministry and I am glad that I have not up until this point. Thank you for showing us this, so that, we can stay away from this so called ministry.
[I am] Freudian Viennese by night, by day [I am] Marxian Muscovite

--Robert Frost--
Robert
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2004, 1:08 am

That is just *gags*.......the idea. Granted, I don't 100% agree with Lewis on all points of theology, but I've gleaned so much from his writings. I can say reading his works has brought me closer to God than perhaps any other author. (besides Holy Spirit who inspired the Bible of course)

And to call Five Children and It occultic/ How sad. I really enjoyed that book myself. I'm also not sure if Lewis nessisarily when he wrote fictional books like the CoN was trying to set out his theological statement of faith.

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2004, 5:23 am

It's not as bad as the Balaam's Ass Website that celebrates the "fact" that CS Lewis, Aldoux Huxley and John F Kennedy all went to hell on the same day. This one is mild if compared with that rant.

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2004, 5:31 am

Hmmmm. These people reading the quotes out of context, or misinterpreting some. Enough to give you a headache. Most of these quotes are out of context, or not seen entirely in the same light as what Lewis wrote them. Especially his "From other worlds" quote about how, by accident, Christianity came into Narnia. I always saw that as a sort of way God worked in Lewis and how much Lewis' own Christianity always stayed within his lives. The writer of the article, however, seem to reading in it that Lewis wants to be a occultist. Narnia isn't occult fantasy. These people seem to think all fantasy is occultic.

Postby Bill » August 23rd, 2004, 9:06 am

I read the article with mounting anger which left me speechless. I am thinking most un-Christianlike thoughts!!

Bill
Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2004, 1:27 pm

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2004, 1:48 pm

Postby jo » August 23rd, 2004, 2:25 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » August 23rd, 2004, 4:09 pm

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 23rd, 2004, 5:12 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Article Backfires

Postby Kanakaberaka » August 31st, 2004, 10:04 pm

so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Re: Article Backfires

Postby Alexa Angel » September 6th, 2004, 6:30 am

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough, or a book long enough to suit me. "
— C.S. Lewis
Alexa Angel
Wardrobian

Postby a_hnau » September 6th, 2004, 8:06 pm

My wife and I have recently moved from a "non-Conformist" church (I won't be any more specific than that) to an Anglican one, and it's quite an unusual experience, especially having spent the intervening time since I was last in an Anglican church (when I was a student), soaking in Lewis's mindset about church life, among other things. Suddenly it all seems so obvious that a familiar liturgy which leaves you free to think, and hymns you can really put your heart into, and real bread and real wine (ick! I've grown to detest dry crackers!), are the right and obvious thing to do. I suppose I could just be getting older, but I don't think my passion is fundamentally decreased, just (after admittedly some less than positive experiences) some of the aspects of "newer" brands of Christianity just seem less important than they used to. We'll see how things turn out...
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Postby a_hnau » September 6th, 2004, 8:07 pm

P.S. I love the avatar; is it Rossetti? Not that I know anything about art.....
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Next

Return to C. S. Lewis