This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

C.S. Lewis Summer Institute 2006

The man. The myth.

C.S. Lewis Summer Institute 2006

Postby Mathw » June 12th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Forgive the shameless plug, but since it's so relevant to the topic of this forum I can't resist creating this thread to mention the C.S. Lewis Summer Institute, July 7-16 in at Williams College, Massachusetts. After a long run in Oxford and Cambridge, this is the first-ever stateside Summer Institute.

The ten day conference will feature internationally-recognized speakers, engaging seminars, and stimulating lectures on the theme of Love Among the Ruins: On the Renewal of Character and Culture. You can learn more details about the conference at this website: www.cslewis.org.

In the tradition of C.S. Lewis, the Summer Institutes are meant to provide Christians with an environment where the life of the mind and the life of the spirit are mutually developed.

As Pastor Rick Warren, a Summer Institute plenary speaker in 2005, observes: “If you want something that will enrich your life, that will take you deeper, that will help you love God with all your mind, I don’t know that I could recommend anything more highly than the Summer Institute put on by the C.S. Lewis Foundation.”

If you are hoping to attend the conference but finances are proving to be a stumbling block to your attendance, please inquire about financial aid. There are still scholarships available! Also, if you can't make it for the whole ten days, consider coming for just a weekend, or even just one of the seminars.

Besides the stellar roster of speakers, the Summer Institute is also offering a wide variety of seminars and workshops, including a children's program, a track for college-bound high school students, a creative writing workshop, a theatre workshop, and many others.

For more information please see the conference website: http://www.cslewis.org/programs/institu ... er2006.htm, call 1-800-CSLEWIS, or contact me at matthew@cslewis.org.
Mathw

re: C.S. Lewis Summer Institute 2006

Postby john » June 12th, 2006, 7:18 pm

Quite alright. I'm moving it to the C. S. Lewis forum.
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis