This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

what do you think

The man. The myth.

what do you think

Postby erunannë » December 4th, 2006, 8:52 am

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exp ... eneral.htm

This thing might have already been posted here, so if it has then please just ignore it. I just wanted to know what do people who read much more of Lewis' work than I did think of this. Some of those things seem absurd, I just wanted to know your opinion. It sounds as though any fairy tale was satanic or something like that :sad:
erunannë

Postby jo » December 4th, 2006, 4:26 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » December 5th, 2006, 2:03 am

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby loeee » December 5th, 2006, 4:09 am

"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Postby erunannë » December 5th, 2006, 11:22 am

Thanks a lot :smile: There was also one essay asking whether Lewis went to Heaven and the conclusion was - No, if he believed what he wrote. Well, honestly.............. Yea, ignoring it would be the best thing.
But it s funny, isn t it, that with all this criticism of his books as being too Christian and therefore wrong, there is a group of people saying this thing :rolleyes:
erunannë

Postby jo » December 5th, 2006, 5:02 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Carrie » December 6th, 2006, 2:23 am

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

Postby jo » December 6th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Are they the Balaam Ass people or a different lot? I think the BA people did change their name a while ago so it could be then. They seem to have a weak understanding of a whole lot of things.

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » December 6th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Interestingly enough, I never heard any negative criticism of Lewis or his books as a child. The community I grew up in was very conservative and predominantly Calvinist (many Christian Reformed and Reformed Churches). But the pastors all loved to quote Lewis and The Chronicles of Narnia were in every school and church library. So are these people from Valporaiso, Indiana considered extremists? They seem to be really narrow minded in their condemnation of a great author. It is possible that there are others living in that community who disagree with them.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Paul_Burgin » December 7th, 2006, 10:10 am

I see it as a perverse compliment. If Lewis didn't have his critics (even the nasty ones who should know better), then what would that say about him, or us!
Paul_Burgin
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis