This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Words to Live By: A Guide for the Merely Christian

The man. The myth.

Words to Live By: A Guide for the Merely Christian

Postby Paul F. Ford » January 15th, 2007, 2:32 am

I am happy to announce that Words to Live By: A Guide for the Merely Christian, a "theological dictionary" drawn from all of C. S. Lewis's writings, will be published in April 2007 by HarperCollins (336 pages: ISBN-10: 0061209120; ISBN-13: 978-0061209123). It will be handsome hardcover book with a ribbon marker.

In April 2006 I was asked to collect and edit the entries. I finished the book in mid-November.

If you see it, let me and all of us know what you think.
Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby Adam Linton » January 15th, 2007, 2:53 am

I'll be looking for it! Thanks.
we have not loosely through silence permitted things to pass away as in a dream
Adam Linton
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » January 15th, 2007, 1:09 pm

I just pre-ordered it from Amazon. :smile:
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » January 15th, 2007, 5:52 pm

I'll have to ask my library to get it. (I'm low on book funds at the moment.)
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Sounds great!

Postby CKinna » January 28th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Just pre-ordered mine.
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby Bnayqyama » February 25th, 2007, 9:20 pm

This is good news, Paul. My family owns your Companion and the Reader's Encyclopedia that contains many of your articles, but I will purchase the new resource for home and school. (I have yet to find the Narnian Creed that is on your web site in the Companion.)

I hope there is an entry on worldview. I ask my students to write an essay on Lewis' worldview, as it is reflected in MC, GD, PP ("Heaven," "Hell"), and a few excerpts from Narnia.
Bnayqyama
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » April 21st, 2007, 1:32 pm

What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby Paul F. Ford » April 22nd, 2007, 1:53 am

Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » April 12th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Another thank you Dr. Ford. I have been reading through Yours, Jack and appreciate your work and effort in compiling this edition. I own the 3 heavy volumes of collected letters and previous compilations as well so I wondered why I should purchase this one - now I know. I have always enjoyed the smaller editions of letters - Letters to an American Lady and The Latin Letters for example. It is not enjoyable going through the 1,000 page voulmes for spiritual direction, so you did it for me. Thanks again!
CKinna
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis