This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Balaam's Ass web site

The man. The myth.

Balaam's Ass web site

Postby rusmeister » April 16th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Not all is hate, beccala.
It would be good to keep in mind that Lewis, to a great extent, did not form religious views based on his own opinions, but on what the church he believed to be the Church taught.
There is Christianity that is orthodox (and Orthodox), teaching the same things taught for 2,000 years, without hate, with only love and compassion, and it has nothing to do with what you seem to experience as 'Christianity' in the West. (I personally think that the Orthodox Church is not the only Christian church that holds these beliefs and attitudes - there are certainly others out there which also have compassion and love, but I only know security of that in the Orthodox Church.)
Many radicals are just noisier. The ones doing the work of God tend to be fairly quiet about it.And His mercy is so great, and extends further than we know.
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » April 16th, 2007, 5:41 pm

I've removed beccala's post. If he wants to participate in the forums, that's fine. To post a link to balaam's ass for the stated purpose of starting an arguement, and further stating that he isn't going to stick around, is trolling.

Rusmeister, if you want to discuss this topic, start another thread.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby beccala » April 16th, 2007, 5:55 pm

beccala

Postby Sven » April 16th, 2007, 5:59 pm

There has already been several threads and postings regarding Balaam's Ass. If anyone wants to continue to discuss that site, go to *deleted*

Edited to change: No, that thread won't work, different topic all together. Unlocking this thread, anyone who wants to discuss the Balaam's Ass website, go ahead and use this thread.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby jo » April 16th, 2007, 8:26 pm

I don't want to discuss it - have done so before and should not have. World is full of hateful weirdos. Ignore them.
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby VixenMage » April 16th, 2007, 8:55 pm

Hear, hear!
"The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain."
VixenMage
Wardrobian

Postby beccala » April 16th, 2007, 9:50 pm

Yes, Here Here! Unfortunately my first attempt in the forum got confused and my intention skewed and so, well, um,

Here Here.

bekka
beccala

Postby robsia » April 17th, 2007, 11:05 am

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 17th, 2007, 5:32 pm

I know I posted a reply to this but my reply is not here! Anyway I said, hope you don't feel put off by your first foray into this forum beccala - you are very welcome here :) Make yourself at home!
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby matdonna » April 20th, 2007, 6:56 pm

matdonna
Wardrobian

Postby Roonwit » April 20th, 2007, 8:08 pm

The moral of the story is not to listen to those who tell you not to play the violin but stick to the tambourine.
-- Jose Mourinho

Member of the 2456317 Club
Roonwit
Wardrobian

Postby beccala » April 20th, 2007, 8:10 pm

beccala

Postby carol » April 21st, 2007, 5:55 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 21st, 2007, 12:29 pm

jo
Wardrobian

Postby beccala » April 21st, 2007, 1:36 pm

beccala

Next

Return to C. S. Lewis