This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

BBC doing Perelandra

The man. The myth.

BBC doing Perelandra

Postby larry gilman » July 24th, 2007, 1:10 pm

For those who are interested, the BBC is re-broadcasting its 18-part dramatic reading of Perelandra. The episodes can be heard online for up to a week after broadcast at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/

One must choose at the top of the page which day of the week one wishes to look at. Episode 1 is under the Monday tab, which just now is at the far right.

L
Last edited by larry gilman on July 25th, 2007, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
larry gilman
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » July 24th, 2007, 7:13 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby nomad » July 25th, 2007, 4:59 pm

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby glumPuddle » August 10th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Phew! The topic subject scared me. I thought you meant that BBC was making a Perelandra movie. LOL
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 10th, 2007, 9:44 pm

No, but there are some plans for filming OOTSP.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » August 16th, 2007, 7:47 pm

Thanks again, Larry. I just finished downloading episode 18. Excellent series. Found lots of other gems at that link, too. Some episodes of the Goonies I hadn't heard, plus they're doing A Suitable Boy starting this week, one of She's favorites.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby larry gilman » August 16th, 2007, 8:17 pm

You're welcome, Sven.

It's true, by the way, that there is a buzz about turning Out of the Silent Planet into a movie (). And Walden Media, the people who brought us the movie version of Wardrobe, has "attached" Screwtape for a film version (). By the same producer that did Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, due out this summer; to be distributed by Fox, the Fair and Balanced. Surely we can look forward to collecting the Wormwood and Screwtape action figures at Burger King, as we were lately able to do with the 19 of our favorite characters from The Lord of the Rings---not to mention the "light-up goblets" featuring Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn, and Arwen!

These are certainly the glory years for people who want to turn great Christian writers into money. CS Lewis Pte Ltd can install the gold-plated urinals any time it wants, now . . .

The movie-versions-of-great-books industry depresses the hell out of me. And not even a fig-leaf percentage to charity.

L
larry gilman
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis