This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

A "CSLewis Overflow"

The man. The myth.

A "CSLewis Overflow"

Postby Jon Kennedy » August 26th, 2007, 12:59 am

Hello,

I'm a new member or more technically a returning member, after having been on the email forum back in the early days of this website. for, I believe, several years. I had been a new convert to Orthodoxy and somewhere on this site there's an article about my journey to Orthodoxy by way of CSL, having started reading his works as a result of having watched and reviewed Shadowlands and shortly afterward encountered Orthodoxy.

Now I have compiled a book, The Everything Guide to CSLewis and Narnia, due out from Adams Media next March (in time to be in stores when Prince Caspian is in theaters next May). For that book I was for the second time totally immersed in Lewis's life and works and continue to stay there in my reading and much of my writing. For example, I ordered today from this site the boxed set of his letters. And I have on my own web site a collection of 16 articles done as "overflow" from my research for the Everything Book. I'd love to get feedback about any of them if you have a chance to check them out--
http://www.nantyglo.com/jonals_index.htm

Jon
Jon Kennedy

Postby A#minor » August 26th, 2007, 1:17 am

I read the article entitled "C. S. Lewis's characters with character" and could not agree more with the comments about the ABC Family channel. I even wrote them a letter once complaining about their new show, Greek. Why would a so-called 'family' channel have a show about drunken frat boys?

And their slogan, "A New Kind of Family," does not exactly inspire confidence either. What was wrong with the Old Kind of Family, the one God set up in the beginning? Agh, these people make me sick.

I liked the input about Duty and our responsibilities to our fellow-man. Good insight overall, and you have an excellent writing style. I don't have time at the moment, but I'll come back and try to read the rest of them! :smile:

God Bless,
A#
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Re: A "CSLewis Overflow"

Postby rusmeister » August 27th, 2007, 4:29 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

CSL and Orthodoxy

Postby Jon Kennedy » August 27th, 2007, 6:10 am

Thanks to both of the respondents thus far.

To answer rusmeister's questions, I am a lay member (having been an ordained Protestant minister earlier in life) of a parish in the Antiochian Orthodox jurisdiction. I've visited several OCA parishes in my travels and have been warmly welcomed.

The articles I mentioned are free online at the URL linked. But I erred slightly in saying there are 16 articles, as two of the 16 are each half of one larger article, "C.S. Lewis, anonymous Orthodox" (based on a chapter Bishop Kallistos provided to a book some time ago), which I wrote for Again magazine for its recent issue on Orthodoxy and Anglicanism.
Jon Kennedy

Latest installment in CSLewis Overflow

Postby Jon Kennedy » August 29th, 2007, 5:49 am

Jon Kennedy

Postby rusmeister » August 29th, 2007, 9:00 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » September 9th, 2007, 10:42 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » September 9th, 2007, 6:24 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis