This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Lewis Papers

The man. The myth.

The Lewis Papers

Postby repectabiggle » April 9th, 2008, 3:29 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » April 11th, 2008, 1:21 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby gameld » April 11th, 2008, 2:56 pm

i was personally unaware that such a large volume of lewisian literature was yet unpublished. that is very disappointing.
gameld
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » April 11th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Well, it isn't all Jack's stuff, of course. A lot of it, I understand, is made up of the papes of the Lewis family, i.e. Jack's father and his predecessors, and it is where a lot of Jack's letters (published in three volumes by HarperCollins) come from. I only have the vaguest idea of what else is in there, but one thing I'd like to see is Pudaita Pie, Jack and Warnie's collection of silly, funny, or just plain incongruous things their father said (they referred to him as the Pudaita Bird because of his pronunciation of the word 'potato'). I can only imagin what other enjoyable things are in the Papers. Perhaps anybody here (Dr. Ford?) who has perused the volumes could enlighten us?
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis