This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Book Report Help!!

The man. The myth.

Book Report Help!!

Postby cathy5 » April 21st, 2008, 4:40 pm

cathy5

Postby Sven » April 21st, 2008, 4:49 pm

Welcome, Cathy5, and daughter (Cathy6?)!

Which of Lewis' books are you all doing a report on? Or, if it is a generic report about Lewis himself, you might mention (and show pictures) of the Ents in the Lord of the Rings novels, whose personality and speech Tolkien supposedly modeled on his friend Lewis. Also, I've found that kids that age seem to be tickled by the idea that Lewis' life long nickname, Jack, was self-selected in honor of his pet dog.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby cathy5 » April 21st, 2008, 6:03 pm

Hi and thanks! Her report is on Lewis himself. When she gives her report..she actually has to do it AS Lewis. Which will be challenging for an 11 year old girl. I thought it would be great to have some props and things to pass around to the kids in the class. Thanks for the ideas! Any more would be welcome!
cathy5

Postby john » April 21st, 2008, 6:10 pm

That sounds like it could be fun! :)

Well, to get an idea of what Lewis sounded like, you can go here: http://cslewis.drzeus.net/multimedia/audio.html -- the first 5 links are recordings of his voice.

You might want to get a smoking jacket, a pipe and a teacup to help get into character, too. You use a bubble-blowing pipe. :wink:
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » April 21st, 2008, 8:22 pm

What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » April 21st, 2008, 8:23 pm

What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby cathy5 » April 21st, 2008, 8:27 pm

cathy5

Postby gameld » April 24th, 2008, 9:51 pm

perhaps you could give her a fountain pen and an empty, plain journal. also, look at the professor from the first nanrnia live-action movie and make him bald.
gameld
Wardrobian

Postby postodave » April 28th, 2008, 10:38 pm

So I drew my sword and got ready
But the lamb ran away with the crown
postodave
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis