This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

C. S. Lewis books for sale

The man. The myth.

C. S. Lewis books for sale

Postby john » June 24th, 2008, 2:54 am

Hey, all.

I've been doing some more unpacking, and I've found that I have several books either by or about C. S. Lewis that I have duplicates of. They're all like new, having been in storage since 2003 in a dry and ventilated room. I have such titles as The Four Loves to Lenten Lands to an older issue of The Joyful Christian. Probably about 10 books in all.

Rather than list them all here, I just wanted to post this so that anybody interested in possibly buying them from me could send me a private message.

Thanks!
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » June 24th, 2008, 1:57 pm

I'll take the extra cookbook and the first edition LWW:-)

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 24th, 2008, 2:21 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Roonwit » June 24th, 2008, 5:29 pm

The moral of the story is not to listen to those who tell you not to play the violin but stick to the tambourine.
-- Jose Mourinho

Member of the 2456317 Club
Roonwit
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 24th, 2008, 6:39 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby NescaPoulita » June 24th, 2008, 8:36 pm

NescaPoulita
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 24th, 2008, 9:20 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby john » June 24th, 2008, 9:27 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting this thread to get busy...I just kind of wanted to pop a message in, provide a way to contact me, and leave it at that. :)

But, since there seems to be more interest, and I'm down to a short list, I'll just list them here. If you're interested, please do not reply to this thread. Send me a private message with what you're interested, and an offer.

Money received from the sale of these books are marked as contributions to this web site.

* "C. S. Lewis: Christian and Storyteller" by Beatrice Gormley

"C. S. Lewis' Little Instruction Book" compiled by James S. Bell (2 copies)

"The C. S. Lewis Index: A Comprehensive Guide to Lewis' Writings and Ideas" compiled by Janine Goffar (signed by Janine Goffar)

* "Surprised by Laughter: The Comic World of C. S. Lewis" by Terry Lindvall

"Light in the Shadowlands: Protecting the Real C. S. Lewis" by Kathryn Lindskoog (signed by Kathryn Lindskoog)

* indicates a hardcover
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Roonwit » June 25th, 2008, 3:03 pm

OK then... how much for The C. S. Lewis Index: A Comprehensive Guide to Lewis' Writings and Ideas" compiled by Janine Goffar (signed by Janine Goffar) ? This may be useful in my classes...
The moral of the story is not to listen to those who tell you not to play the violin but stick to the tambourine.
-- Jose Mourinho

Roonwit
Wardrobian

Postby john » June 25th, 2008, 3:32 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Roonwit » June 27th, 2008, 1:50 pm

-- Jose Mourinho

Roonwit
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis