This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

C. S. Lewis as Philosopher: Truth, Goodness and Beauty

The man. The myth.

C. S. Lewis as Philosopher: Truth, Goodness and Beauty

Postby Dan65802 » August 6th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Has anyone read this book yet?

- Dan -
"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King
Dan65802
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » August 7th, 2008, 2:27 am

"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Postby ami » August 7th, 2008, 5:17 am

:coffee: "to grow in mental healths" ...is true! his words inpired me a lot through my dark time, no one usal could see things he did, he leads me to God's will! Just finished his book "Letters to Malcolm", I believe those are the words he left us before he gone in 1963, I want to say thank you Jack, and of course to my Lord too!
ami
Wardrobian

Postby Tuke » August 7th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Amen! Me, too, Ami. What Jack said of Spenser is even more true of himself.
"The 'great golden chain of Concord' has united the whole of Edmund Spenser's world.... Nothing is repressed; nothing is insubordinate. To read him is to grow in mental health." The Allegory Of Love (Faerie Queene)

2 Corinthians IV.17 The Weight of Glory
Tuke
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis