This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Frederica Mathewes-Green on C.S. Lewis

The man. The myth.

Postby rusmeister » November 1st, 2008, 2:51 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby postodave » November 1st, 2008, 1:59 pm

Hi Rus

Unfortunately you can't respond to the post in that link because it seems to have been removed from its original context and left floating in cyberspace.

You might enjoy this though which I think covers similar ground:

The guy who wrote this is a friend of a friend which is how I came to read it. Thanks for joining in on the discussion with Mitch. I like Mitch because he defends a very libertarian individualistic form of protestantism but does no very well. He always knows exactly what he thinks. I think my own understanding of protestantism is truer to the spirit of the Reformation but these things are always matters of judgment. I don't think there are any clear or easy answers to the big questions about what the Church is. John Robinson once said theology is a contradiction in terms because it is reasoning about mystery - well you could say the same about ecclesiology.
So I drew my sword and got ready
But the lamb ran away with the crown
postodave
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to C. S. Lewis