This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

One quirky thing to come from reading Lewis

The man. The myth.

Re: One quirky thing to come from reading Lewis

Postby msd1835 » May 16th, 2009, 7:50 pm

I have to say that the first time I read The Screwtape Letters I couldn't help but laugh at myself the whole time. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten hungry right before I started to read my Bible, or have decided to spend time with people who were the "Right" people. I always find myself drawn to people who seem to be classier, smarter, or more intellectual. Everytime I catch one of the temptations from Screwtape I just smile and think about some little junior demon trying to make his career on me. And since I am not supposed to be aware of him; he has failed.

It may be kinda serious, but I think it is a little quirky.
msd1835

Re: One quirky thing to come from reading Lewis

Postby CKinna » May 21st, 2009, 1:36 am

"We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful."
- The Abolition of Man

This quote really made no sense to me until I Googled Gelding and gained a little equine knowledge.
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to C. S. Lewis