This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Essay posted of possible interest

The man. The myth.

Essay posted of possible interest

Postby larry gilman » April 3rd, 2009, 3:01 pm

In my latest post on my religion-and-science blog at The Other Journal (), the periodical of the Mars Hill Graduate School (), I quote C. S. Lewis speculating in Miracles on a possible aspect of relationship of the Incarnation to evolution. I realize that Lewis's stance toward to evolution was ambivalent, but I don't go into that subject in the essay, which is primarily about the question of whether creationism is a disease to which Christianity is subject and Islam is immune.

Other essays in that column possibly of interest to readers of this forum include a two-parter on G. K. Chesterton's loathing for eugenics and how it might have influenced his (apparently) shifting views on evolution.

At some point, I will post explicitly on the fascinating (to me) subject of Lewis's relationship to evolutionary biology.

Regards,

Larry
larry gilman
Wardrobian

Return to C. S. Lewis