This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Which writers did you discover through Lewis

The man. The myth.

Re: Which writers did you discover through Lewis

Postby equustel » 03 Dec 2009, 17:14

moordarjeeling wrote:
Mr Bultitude wrote: I've found it difficult to find some of Lewis's own favorites at the big chain bookstores (particularly Charles Williams whom I'm dying to read for the first time)

I saw some of Williams's online not long ago. I expect there would be some available through secondhand vendors such as abebooks also; Amazon may link to them.

Wonderful books imo!

A great place to find Charles Williams books (and all other rare, out-of-print stuff) is biblio.com- that's where I've found/ordered all of mine. It's basically a site set up for independent booksellers - kind of like eBay, but specialized, and very well-run. I just got an awesome old paperback of Williams' Descent of the Dove from there; can't wait to read it.
equustel

Re: Which writers did you discover through Lewis

Postby larry gilman » 03 Dec 2009, 18:53

equustel wrote: I just got an awesome old paperback of Williams' Descent of the Dove from there; can't wait to read it.

One of his best. A profound work.

Larry
larry gilman
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to C. S. Lewis