This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Film Footage Of Lewis

The man. The myth.

Film Footage Of Lewis

Postby sheeba » January 13th, 2010, 5:15 am

Are there even a few seconds of footage of Lewis? I have seen footage of Chesterton, Conan Doyle, Mark Twain... surely something exists!
sheeba

Re: Film Footage Of Lewis

Postby msd1835 » January 29th, 2010, 2:48 pm

I've never heard of any film footage, but I too would love to see some. I would assume that if anyone had acquired footage it would have been on one of the Lewis documentaries, but there are none that I've seen so far. I don't think I have seen any of Tolkien either. Maybe they were shy or something.
msd1835

Postby ladysherlockian » January 30th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Maybe it would be a good idea to try and search for CS Lewis on Youtube? I remember watching short films with Tolkien there.. or were they just photos and his voice recorded?

Actually, I've done Google search for "CS Lewis footage" and it seems there are no video recordings of him, only one audio recording from the BBC. It is the only one that survived the war, and the rest were destroyed(or so I learned at the Youtube).
- here in the section "Audio" you can listen to the recording.

And this is the Youtube version - I haven't listened to both files, but perhaps this is the same recording. Before the speech, there is some textual information about the recording in the video.
ladysherlockian
Wardrobian

Postby Mr Hooper » February 5th, 2010, 12:20 am

I am not aware of any Lewis footage either, but there is some of Tolkien, unless my memory is faulty - I remember clips in a BBC documentary several years back. There's sure to be some of it on youtube. It is pretty surprising that there isn't something in existence of Lewis, and a real shame. Maybe it's more because of the sort of man Lewis was than any lack of interest or means.
Mr Hooper
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » February 5th, 2010, 8:34 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Return to C. S. Lewis