This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Which is your favorite adaptation of Narnia?

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Fairfax » August 1st, 2010, 3:49 am

The seventies animated version, the Wonderworks version, or the new cinematic series ?

I'd say the new movies, but the first left out some important dialogue. Most significaly was some of the discussion about Aslan at the Beaver's, and how the Witch wasn't really human. Also, Professor Kirk's explanation of how time works differently in Narnia (a key element) is left out of both the new version and the Wonderworks version.
Fairfax

Re: Which is your favorite adaptation of Narnia?

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » August 1st, 2010, 6:33 am

I enjoy the seventies animated LWW for Maugrim - everything else was rubbish. The BBC LWW for the storybook quality and magnificent opening and closing theme music - I don't appreciate anything else about them. Even the strict adherence to the books doesn't save it. I loved the Walden Media version for the scope, acting, production values etc, although the modern version sadly misses out on the storybook quality of the books and tries too hard to be epic and depart from the book at times. I vote for Walden's version but none of them are great.

I'm not familiar with the Wonderworks version.

Member of The 2456317 Club
Warrior 4 Jesus
Wardrobian

Re: Which is your favorite adaptation of Narnia?

Postby Fairfax » August 2nd, 2010, 2:44 am

The BBC version and the Wonderworks version are the same.
Fairfax

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia