This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Turkish Delight

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: Turkish Delight

Postby Jill Pole » February 22nd, 2005, 4:49 am

Jill Pole

re: Turkish Delight

Postby gal522girl » January 13th, 2006, 5:14 am

Thanks so much for posting the Turkish Delight recipe! I've read all the Chronicles of Narnia (in their original publishing order, was a little confused about the way they're arranged now until I read the reasoning in your FAQ!) when I was much younger, and have just begun reading The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe to my two young sons. Tonight, as we finished chapter nine, I promised to find a recipe for Turkish Delight. You made it so easy! My only question: In the directions, you add "any flavoring" to the ingredients listed. What flavors would be true to the original treat? Is it necessary to add any additional flavoring, or would the lemon juice and orange juice already included be sufficient? I have tried applets & cotlets, but it's been a LONG time. I thought maybe a berry flavoring might be appropriate, but I'm not sure. Thanks again.
gal522girl

Postby john » January 13th, 2006, 9:43 am

Wow! Way to revive a thread that's been dead almost a year. ;)
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » February 16th, 2006, 11:00 am

I made Turkish Delight the other night for a LWW Study group. Though I am a part-time professional cook (been cooking in restuarants for 15 years) - my credentials, and I am sure I followed the recipe, my Turkish Delight did not turn out, or if it did it sucked. It morphed from the time it was coated with the powdered sugar mixture to the time it was presented at the library. We all got a big laugh out of it and we dared to try a bit anyway.
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » February 16th, 2006, 10:31 pm

I'm sure your a good cook and it tasted delicious.
Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby David » February 19th, 2006, 2:52 am

You can get Turkish Delight in the USA, but it's not popular as a candy. I find it in the international aisles of most big food chains. And in my town, you can get it in Middle Eastern restraurants, of which there are quite a few. (Most people don't know this, so I'll give you this little tidbit of trivia. The biggest concentration of Arab-American in the United States is Dearbourne, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit.) Lots of middle-easterners live in my state, so you see Turkish Delight more readily for sale around here.

I don't like it. I remember getting it once as a kid and not liking it and trying it again as an adult--my tastes have not matured over the years.
David
Wardrobian

Postby Bmat » September 28th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Bmat

Postby robsia » September 28th, 2006, 4:29 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Bmat » September 28th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Bmat

Postby Mavramorn » September 29th, 2006, 1:08 am

"Could it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest...green?"
Mavramorn
Wardrobian

Postby woodelk » October 1st, 2006, 1:27 am

woodelk
Wardrobian

Postby jo » October 11th, 2006, 1:47 pm

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Re: re: Turkish Delight

Postby Puddleglee » October 23rd, 2006, 1:08 pm

'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia