This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Four children announced

Please don't close the door behind you.

Four children announced

Postby carol » July 12th, 2004, 8:44 am

You can see a photo of the children, and the NZ Prime Minister - NOT the White Witch. The article was posted online at 5 pm NZ time, (=5am GMT), so is very new. Even Narniaweb hasn't got it up on the news board yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay. ... on=general
carol
Wardrobian

Cool! Thanks for the news, Carol! *NM*

Postby john » July 12th, 2004, 8:47 am

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Re: Four children announced

Postby Guest » August 1st, 2004, 11:14 pm

How exciting! Things are definitely moving along. The children look more or less like I expect them to look. The child playing Lucy is adorable!

A cricket match? Hmm. Don't remember that in the book. An early shot of them having fun at the Professor's house before the adventure, maybe?

(P.S. Hi to all! Glad I finally made it over here.)

Postby a_hnau » August 3rd, 2004, 8:23 pm

Wow! I know a lot of us have bad memories of attempts to dramatise Narnia (Tom Baker was good as Puddleglum but oh! the motheaten mechanical Lion), but I really think this could work - filmed in NZ, effects by Weta Digital, this has got to have something going for it. It blows me away what a privilege it is (certainly I feel this personally) to get the chance to see, within a couple of years of each other, both LOTR and LWW filmed with decent budgets and a real commitment to not distorting the authors' intention.
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Postby Micah » August 3rd, 2004, 11:03 pm

Thumbs up to the casting choices made so far! The children all look very suitable for their respective roles. Forgive if me if this is old news I should have caught a long time ago, but has the voice for Aslan been assigned to anyone yet?
"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" ~ Micah 6:8 (NKJV)
Micah
Wardrobian

Postby jen » August 28th, 2004, 5:29 am

Micah!

You have my very favorite verse as your signature! I was so close to putting that down as mine!
I have been one aquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain - and back in rain.
I have out walked the furthest city light.
-frost
jen
Wardrobian

Postby Micah » August 29th, 2004, 11:49 pm

Thanks, Jen.

Just thought I'd grab a quote from my namesake. :) Did you know there was a wicked Micah in the Bible, too? An idolater or some such thing...I don't think my parents were thinking of him when they named me.

I do like that verse, though...sums up life's purpose in a nutshell.

Take care,

Micah
"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" ~ Micah 6:8 (NKJV)
Micah
Wardrobian

Postby Karla » August 30th, 2004, 12:55 am

Micah --do you pronounce your name Mike-ah or Meek-ah? (I've always wondered...)
Grace dances. I would pipe; dance, all of you...

Hymn of Jesus from 'The Acts of John'

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
Karla
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia