This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Corruption and Humanity...

Please don't close the door behind you.

Corruption and Humanity...

Postby Wixenstyx » April 12th, 2005, 12:10 am

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
And one of the elders saith unto me, "Weep not:
Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah hath prevailed..."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Member of the 2456317 Club
Wixenstyx
Wardrobian

Re: Corruption and Humanity...

Postby Alan » April 12th, 2005, 10:30 am

This product does not require batteries
Alan
Wardrobian

Re: Corruption and Humanity...

Postby Bill » April 12th, 2005, 10:34 am

Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Inconsistancies

Postby Erekose » April 12th, 2005, 11:21 am

I tend to the view that most works of fiction have either inconsistancies or "holes" in the narrative.

It is these which makes it p[ossible for writers to write additions to their original works.. some for the better.. some for the worse.

Sometimes looking into these can proviode a greater insight into the stories themselves.. (vis my heretical views, not just on CON but other works too)

Also.. they can promote dialog between those interested in the works, which can also lead to greater insights.

As to this particular inconsistancy I think it can be resolved by.. "How is Humanity defined in this context". I tend to the view that "humanity" is taken to be NOT the physical shape etc.. but more the capability of being able to reason.. to make a decision based on the events one encounters currently and before thedecision. In effect the ability to be culpable for onesactions.
I think that the talking animals in Narnia would certainly fit this criterea, and so would remove the apparent inconsistancy.

(and just to emphasise an earlier point.. this explanation of mine is NOT intended to represent what WAS intended.. but will probably induce further discussion, both for and against.)

/me retreats back to his Dark Dark corner to await the Stoning
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia