This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The 2456317 Club

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: The 2456317 Club

Postby Puddleglee » 20 Jun 2006, 09:47

Sign me up! I've changed my signature and everything :pleased:
'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Re: re: The 2456317 Club

Postby Iris » 21 Jun 2006, 03:30

Isabel wrote:Question, question!!!

I've joined a Narnia forum in Spanish. A lot of them hate the "new" "order". Can't we start a little divission of the 245637 club there? ;)

Really? Where is that, if you don't mind my asking??

I love your avatar by the way. Penny! I loved that movie when I was little. Favorite quotation: "Madusa! I found it!"
Member of the 2456317 club. I got yelled at for explaining what this was, so if you want to know I guess you'll have to ask.

“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Iris
Wardrobian

re: The 2456317 Club

Postby Sir Linus the True » 27 Aug 2006, 23:56

Love the T-shirt, Sven!! :)

This is a great club.

While we're at it, I'd like to point out that I'm also starting a Star Wars club: 456123. Or better yet, 456 and forget 123 altogether. :tongue:
Sir Linus the True
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 29 Aug 2006, 19:53

Sir Linus the True wrote:While we're at it, I'd like to point out that I'm also starting a Star Wars club: 456123. Or better yet, 456 and forget 123 altogether. :tongue:

Hey, I'll join that club! Do we have something special to put in our sig? Where's the thread for that?
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Isabel » 12 Sep 2006, 04:57

Iris wrote:
Really? Where is that, if you don't mind my asking??

I love your avatar by the way. Penny! I loved that movie when I was little. Favorite quotation: "Madusa! I found it!"

Thanks! It's my favorite Disney movie, with The Little Mermaid.
I hadn't checked this in a long time, Iris, I'm really sorry!! I'll answer now. The forum's called Narnia en Español and this is the address:
http://www.foros.narniaespanol.com.ar

Note: I don't really like it. Actually, I've decided I won't even log in ocassionally from now on. It's nice, but I believe it's going a little off the mods's hands. It's like... trying to disguise superfluous stuff as if it was deep, if you know what I mean.

----

A Star Wars club, Sir Linus? Mmm... well, I'm not that Star Wars Fanatic, but I guess I can tell you my little brother will love to join. He loves SW. As A#minor said, do you have a thread already?
Member of the 2456317 Club
Isabel
Wardrobian

Postby Reep » 22 Oct 2006, 16:40

Sven wrote:... the official club t-shirt, here modeled by our celebrity spokesbabe!

And how about adding one more 2456317? (I mean just the center part.) On the back?!!

Seriously - could we not persuade the publishers to include also the original first publication (copyright) years on the backs of the books? They already have always been printed on the backs of their title pages? And are the only real numbers forever permanently connected with every single one of them - indicating their real and not their fictional chronology.

See also viewtopic.php?t=6327
Last edited by Reep on 30 Sep 2010, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Further up and further in! -- The Last Battle
Reep
Wardrobian

Postby Carrie » 23 Oct 2006, 00:23

I am wearing my club shirt today. It is the bright yellow one. It makes me quite happy.
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

Postby Narnian Musician » 25 Nov 2006, 06:30

I wanna join!

I first read the Chronicles in publication order.(from my dad's copy. a few years after that I had gotten my own matching set. I was born in '83 by the way)

Since then, I read them the following way: whichever one I feel like picking up! :lol:

but publication order is definately best for new readers. Otherwise you don't have the same sense of wonder as lucy at finding this place. And seeing the lampost isn't as magical. And there is the line about "now, the children didn't know anything more about aslan than you do" (paraphrased, probably)

this year I got my sister to read them. she got the all in one book last christmas, and I wrote the correct order in the front for her. And now she is reading them in our order! :toothy-grin:
Narnian Musician
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 25 Nov 2006, 17:16

Welcome to the club, NarniaMusician!
And you've even already started recruiting family members too!
Yeah, I made my little brother read them in the correct order as well. :read: :pleased:
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » 25 Nov 2006, 18:59

I was gonna join when I first joined the forums, but I forgot about this thread. I might as well join now.

I'm in!
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » 25 Nov 2006, 19:31

I suppose I should have posted a loooong time back that I'm in.

/me read them initially in published order.. but as a kid rather skipped through H&HB though sorrrry

But I think everyone knows my views on how they should be read.. and why (my two alternative Heretical reading orders are of course not to be taken seriously.. unless one wants a different way of reading of course)
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Oh yeah, me too

Postby loeee » 26 Nov 2006, 00:44

I'm definitely an Old Order Wardrobian. In fact, I just had to scan all the pages of this topic to make sure I hadn't already posted to that effect. Seems I have been remiss (again).
"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Postby Narnian Musician » 26 Nov 2006, 01:25

Thanks for the welcome A#minor!
(nice username by the way :wink: )
thanks to A#minor for the graphics!
Narnian Musician
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 26 Nov 2006, 02:15

Narnian Musician wrote:Thanks for the welcome A#minor!
(nice username by the way :wink: )

Yeah, as a fellow musician I don't have to explain it to you. Somewhere in my past there's a few measures of something in A#m and I just wanted to kill whoever wrote it. :wink:
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » 14 Jan 2007, 07:18

Ohhhhh, I've just come from the IMDb messageboard for PC where several people were asking why Andrew Adamson had skipped books and speculating (or in some cases, stating as fact) that HHB was being left out because it was offensive to Arabs. Happily, there were several other people helping to put them right, but most people who think that Chronilogical is the only order will never see that.

Kill me. Kill me now.
===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia