This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

I can't stop buying CoN

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Pete » June 12th, 2008, 1:51 am

I haven't mentioned yet, recently I bought another copy of Prince Caspian - a movie cover copy! :pleased: Also, this isn't a CoN book, but it's about them, I bought the second of Devin Brown's books about Narnia - Inside Prince Caspian. And another CoN related item I picked up last night (again not CoN books), the soundtrack for the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. :dance:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Nice to have a spare

Postby Kanakaberaka » June 24th, 2008, 2:22 am

I have bought some of my favorite books as paperbacks at first. Then later I went on to invest in hardcover editions. Needless to say CON and Lewis' Space Trilogy are included among these extra books. Oddly, the paperback editions have gotten the most wear. I have taken all three paperbacks of the Space Trilogy into work so that I could read them on the subway in and give studies on them later. The hard cover editions on the other hand just sit on the shelf untill I can get my daughter interested in having me read her the Chronicles of Narnia.
My hardcover Space Trilogy is a three-in-one volume, which makes it too clunky to leave the house. So my original late 1970's editions suffer all the wear and tear.
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Why wait?

Postby Kanakaberaka » June 27th, 2008, 4:31 am

so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » July 26th, 2008, 4:36 am

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby john » July 26th, 2008, 1:48 pm

Why do they say they're all UK first editions, when it clearly says 7th printing 1961, 4th printing 1962, etc on each description? Besides, the dust jacket for one of them isn't an original.

I wouldn't pay $1000 for it, even if I had the cash to burn.
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Sven » July 26th, 2008, 5:50 pm

There's a difference between edition and printing. The best of the best would be a first edition, first printing, first state. A first edition refers to the design/type and can have several printing runs. State refers to minor changes made during the first printing run. For instance, the first edition/first printing/first state of Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls doesn't have the photographer's name under the author's photo on the back of the dust jacket. For collectors into that sort of thing, that missing credit can add hundreds to the price.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby archenland_knight » August 5th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Here's a solution. By CoN as an "E-Book". That way, whenever you feel the need to obtain another copy .... just make one!!! :wink:
archenland_knight
Wardrobian

Postby john » August 6th, 2008, 1:53 pm

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » November 4th, 2008, 6:00 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » November 7th, 2008, 11:00 pm

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » November 11th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia