This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

I can't stop buying CoN

Please don't close the door behind you.

We are not crazy!

Postby CKinna » November 22nd, 2007, 4:56 pm

To own more than one copy of something that is great is not crazy. Multiple copies are very helpful. Extra to give away, they make your library look bigger, Lewis's numbers increase, you never know when you might lose a copy or have a copy stolen or destroyed, and most importantly - why not!

I have too many copies of CoN and will be eBaying a few sets when PC hits the theatres - seems to me a good marketing strategy, though I am no businessman. I just ordered another copy of CoN - hardcover from Amazon.UK. This will make 4 hardcover 1 vol sets. I have 1 set of hardcover individuals, 1 set of the Easton leather - my pride and joy!, and an incomplete set of the Folio Society hardcover editions. 4 sets of paperback and a few odds balls - like the LWW & MN 2 vol large hardcover with color pictures. I also have a leather, 1 volume edition I purchased from some dude in the UK off of eBay a few years ago - I am still waiting fo that one (he claims the USPS lost it) - 1 day it will arrive, I know it will!!!!

The same goes for MC - I have about 7 copies, some collector...

Keep buying!!!
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » November 23rd, 2007, 12:10 pm

I just purchased the CoN pop-up book, as found in the News section of this website. HELP!
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby carol » November 24th, 2007, 8:23 pm

Is it already available? Yay! I have seen a set of photos on Narniaweb, and can't wait to find it in shops here.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » November 27th, 2007, 3:45 am

not too long ago my mom gave me the CoN that she read to us growing up.
I love getting books from my youth, they bring back memories and these books bring back especially nice ones of sitting on the floor and such next to her as she would read a chapter a night.
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby john » November 27th, 2007, 7:07 am

john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » December 1st, 2007, 11:48 pm

My copy arrived the other day. I ordered it through this website, as I should do more often (remember your local Into the Wardrobe website this time of year with a generous gift!). It is a wonderful book. The dude who created the pop-ups is a Paper Engineer. I laughed at that, but if you own a copy you will see this is not a laughing matter. My 3 1/2 year old nephew wanted to control the page turning as I was showing him "The Lion Book" - his words and my heart screamed out as his uncaring hands nearly damaged this work of art. A great book. If you have the money buy one for yourself and one for your youngsters.
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby The Revanchist » December 10th, 2007, 6:13 am

The Revanchist
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » December 11th, 2007, 2:09 am

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Re: We are not crazy!

Postby wood-maid » December 11th, 2007, 6:50 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby repectabiggle » December 11th, 2007, 7:18 pm

"Only" $350. . .
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » December 13th, 2007, 3:55 pm

But with a wonderful payment plan!
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » December 20th, 2007, 2:38 am

All these people with several copies of the CoN books, outdoing me a bit! :lol: I only have two complete copies, and one nearly-complete copy of the series. However, one of my complete copies is an all-in-one hard-cover (with the coloured illustrations), sadly though, it's in chronological order! :smile:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Jill Pole » December 20th, 2007, 5:34 am

While I don't have many copies of the books all together, over the years I have probably bought two or three (okay, so maybe four or five) complete sets. I usually get the individual books at library book sales. I read mine so much that they wear out pretty quickly and I have to get rid of them. But once they are gone, I just reach into the back of my bookshelf and pull out a "new" one to fill in. :smile: I like doing it this way, because then I don't have to worry about wearing the books out and spending a lot of money replacing them. Oh, and I don't feel bad about underlining my favorite passages in the older paperbacks. (Of course, it does take rather a long time to transfer the markings into the "new" books. :wink: )

I do have one VERY nice boxed set, but I only really need to read HHB from it. No one ever seems to have HHB at their library book sale.

My sister has a one-volume copy with colour Pauline Baynes pictures. I usually use hers when I'm designing a costume.

But it is my firm belief that you can never have too many copies of CoN! :snooty:

Tiffany
"Once a king or queen in Narnia, always a king or queen in Narnia."

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

My blog:
http://www.ahighcalling.blogspot.com
Jill Pole
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » January 6th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Lirenel » February 27th, 2008, 11:07 pm

I just bought my third copy. (It was on sale!) And I really like the covers, by Julek Heller:

LWW: Aslan defeating the White Witch in battle
PC: A young looking Caspian in armour surrounded by different creatures (though Reep looks a little weird to me)
VDT: The Dawn Treader being crushed by the sea serpent who is in the foreground looking out from the cover.
SC: Rillian fighting the LGK/snake.
HHB: Shasta on Bree on a...beach? That may just be sand being kicked up in the desert though.
MN: Digory and Polly on Fledge in the garden with the bird in the apple tree.
LB: A very creepy picture of Tash gripping Rishda Tarkaan.

So, I'm happy.
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Member of the 2456317 Club
Lirenel
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia