This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Witches

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: The Witches SPOILER LWW

Postby Wixenstyx » February 1st, 2005, 11:45 pm

I'm not sure I agree... Mainly because I'm not sure why Lewis DID include that line in Prince Caspian. The implication does seem to suggest that there is a way, and that Hags and Werewolves both know how to bring it about.

The other factor is simply that the Green Witch shares qualities with Jadis that are otherwise unique in the world of Narnia. She is a witch, she is beautiful, she appears to be human, and she lives in the harsh lands north of Ettinsmoor. Seems to me that the fact that Lewis took it upon himself to name her horse 'Snowflake' might have been his way of implying that two were at the very least connected, if not that the Green Witch was a direct resurrection of Jadis herself. Especially given the Hag comment in PC, which serves as a handy foundation.

I forget where I read it, but it could have been in Ford's Companion.. but she was described as not being Jadis herself, but rather the embodiment of the same EVIL Jadis represented. Not sure if that counts.

It's been suggested that the green witch could be a DESCENDENT of Jadis'... a daughter, granddaughter. But that makes one wonder ...well, how such a thing came about, and who the father would have been. A giant? A human?

Apparently my friends and I need more constructive things to do, ne?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
And one of the elders saith unto me, "Weep not:
Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah hath prevailed..."
Member of the 2456317 Club
Wixenstyx
Wardrobian

Re: The Witches SPOILER LWW

Postby Wixenstyx » February 1st, 2005, 11:52 pm

And one of the elders saith unto me, "Weep not:
Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah hath prevailed..."