This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Kathryn Lindskoog's books

Please don't close the door behind you.

Kathryn Lindskoog's books

Postby hana » September 29th, 2005, 9:01 pm

I am in the midst of applying to graduate schools for entrance into a M.A. or Ph.D program, and I am writing a paper involving The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Have any of you read Kathryn Lindskoog's books? Do you know whether she addressed the presence of themes and characters from The Odyssey and The Aeneid in TVDT?

hana
previously on the list as hapahana/hanachiyo/hannah. joined in early '99.
hana
Wardrobian

re: Kathryn Lindskoog's books

Postby Sven » September 30th, 2005, 1:23 am

In Journey into Narnia (her update of The Lion of Judah in Never-Never Land) she compares VDT to travel themes in Pilgrim's Progessand the Bible. I don't know right off the bat of any comparisons to The Odyssey and The Aeneid .
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby wood-maid » September 30th, 2005, 1:31 am

Isn't she the one that's referred to in A.N. Wilson's biography of Lewis? Something about a controversy...I can't remember. But maybe that was a different person.
"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby hana » September 30th, 2005, 2:35 am

previously on the list as hapahana/hanachiyo/hannah. joined in early '99.
hana
Wardrobian

Postby carol » September 30th, 2005, 3:47 am

She did post here; I remember seeing her comments a few times. Reading her books is on my long list of things to do.
carol
Wardrobian

Re: re: Kathryn Lindskoog's books

Postby wood-maid » September 30th, 2005, 9:59 pm

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia