This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

What's that music?

Please don't close the door behind you.

What's that music?

Postby Summer » October 28th, 2005, 1:37 pm

People flock in, nevertheless, in search of answers to those questions only librarians are considered to be able to answer, such as "Is this the laundry?" "How do you spell surreptitious?" and, on a regular basis, "Do you have a book I remember reading once? It had a red cover and it turned out they were twins." ~Terry Pratchett, about libraries
And we shall reach zero at some point. :)
Summer
Wardrobian

re: What's that music?

Postby A#minor » October 28th, 2005, 4:30 pm

I would think it's part of the new soundtrack that Harry Gregson-Williams is writing. Check out some photos of recording sessions .
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Summer » October 28th, 2005, 4:55 pm

People flock in, nevertheless, in search of answers to those questions only librarians are considered to be able to answer, such as "Is this the laundry?" "How do you spell surreptitious?" and, on a regular basis, "Do you have a book I remember reading once? It had a red cover and it turned out they were twins." ~Terry Pratchett, about libraries
And we shall reach zero at some point. :)
Summer
Wardrobian

Postby Dyrim » October 28th, 2005, 5:12 pm

I'm with you! I'm glad that by the time the CD comes out I'll be allowed to have music again...

Champange is for celebrating. I'll have a martini.

Member of the 2456317 club
Dyrim
Wardrobian

Re: re: What's that music?

Postby A#minor » October 28th, 2005, 7:17 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Dyrim » October 28th, 2005, 7:23 pm

It's basically a haze/attempt to teach us how to manage our time. (more haze though, in my opinion) As a 4 dig (USAFA) I'm not allowed to listen to music, watch movies, sleep during the day, etc until after thanksgiving, when everyone competes @ things like shooting, knowledge, physical stuff, etc, and we "earn" the privilege. Granted, we can probably get away with having i-tunes or something like it, but there'd be heck to pay if during one of the random inspections they decided to check your computer...and they'd absolutely find any physical evidence. (One kid hid an i-pod in a thing of protein powder and when they found it he was restricted for about 6 weeks.)

Dyrim
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » October 28th, 2005, 7:41 pm

Wow, they sound almost as nuts as my college.
You'll live though. We all lived through four years of it; I'm sure you can make it through until Thanksgiving. ;)
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Dyrim » October 28th, 2005, 7:45 pm

Yeah :) I can wait for music. The big deal here is actually wearing civilian clothes..hehe...though that we do sneak when we're allowed out, we just can't wear them here for a year. Eh, I asked for it.

When music's allowed though, this place is going to get really loud for a few days...heheheh. I will subject everyone to soundtracks of my favourite movies...

Dyrim
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » October 28th, 2005, 7:49 pm

A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Dyrim » October 28th, 2005, 7:53 pm

Dyrim
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » October 29th, 2005, 12:21 am

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » October 30th, 2005, 11:26 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » October 31st, 2005, 12:18 am

A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Adam Linton » October 31st, 2005, 1:15 am

we have not loosely through silence permitted things to pass away as in a dream
Adam Linton
Wardrobian

Postby wood-maid » October 31st, 2005, 3:09 am

"Jill," said Tirian, "you are the bravest and most wood-wise of all my subjects, but also the most malapert and disobedient."
"By the Mane!" he whispered to Eustace. "This girl is a wondrous wood-maid. If she had Dryad's blood in her she could scarce do it better." - The Last Battle
wood-maid
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia