This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Soul of the Lion And The Wich and The Wardobe

Please don't close the door behind you.

The Soul of the Lion And The Wich and The Wardobe

Postby NarniaLover89 » January 3rd, 2006, 2:54 pm

The Soul of the Lion And The Wich and The Wardobe, Is the best book I have read so far in the Christian themes in Narnia, The book is witten by Gene Veith, I love how how he wittles If any fan wnats to know more on the christian themes in Narnia THIS IS A MUST READ.! He has a web site if you wnat more info on him or any of his books.....

His site http://thesoulofthelion.com/
Christ beside me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me.-Saint Patrick Of Ierland

old user name Ian
NarniaLover89
Wardrobian

Re: The Soul of the Lion And The Wich and The Wardobe

Postby Dave Johnson » December 22nd, 2008, 8:28 am

I just finished reading Gene Veith's book, The Soul of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I first read the Chronicles of Narnia many years ago. Veith's work reveals an astute theology as well as a broad ranger of competence in literature. Like any good book, it has potentially introduced me to other good books. I found the comparison between Lewis and J.K. Rowland's Harry Potter series to be quite illuminating. I have not read Harry Potter, but I have done doctoral research in what the Bible teaches about witchcraft and other issues related to paganism/animism. I found it interesting that Veith did not mention a critical comparative issue. In Lewis's work, as Veith does mention, God, as depicted by Aslan, is the focus of the story. What he does not mention is that In witchcraft and any other pagan ritual, the focus is always on man.
Dave Johnson

Re: The Soul of the Lion And The Wich and The Wardobe

Postby john » December 22nd, 2008, 2:27 pm

Wow, a post being replied to after 3 years. I think that's a first. :)

Welcome, Mr. Johnson.
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia