This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Loyal Narnia fans

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Sven » January 13th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Thanks

Postby LucyPevensie » January 13th, 2007, 9:50 pm

LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 13th, 2007, 9:51 pm

LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 13th, 2007, 9:58 pm

Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Erekose » January 13th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 13th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Sven

Postby LucyPevensie » January 14th, 2007, 10:21 pm

LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » January 15th, 2007, 7:06 am

Last edited by Pete on January 17th, 2007, 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 15th, 2007, 8:29 pm

No, sadly mine isn't illustrated as beautifully as yours.l :cry: Mine has a picture of that horrid white witch in the movie on the cover. I was totally dissapointed in her for a fact. She had the white face but what ever happened to her beauty and RED lips? Argh. Thats one thing about the movie I don't like.

LP
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 15th, 2007, 8:42 pm

OH, mine isn't in publicatin order either. But I always enjoyed reading the Magician's Nephew first anyhow. :cool: Actually I read through it all mixed up. whatever I feel like reading, I read.

LP
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

first post... bear with me.

Postby UrendiMaleldil » January 15th, 2007, 9:01 pm

well... i don't think lewis really intended for us to become possessive of the stories themselves. we (ok... i) get so mad at certain sects of Christianity for *attempting* to make the Gospel message private & singular. it would be a shame to do the same thing, even if it's only literature (very good literature). i really do think that it would grieve lewis to see the chronicles become the means of contention between the people who already love them & the people who need to. i long to be the sort of person who cares less about... how fanatical i am about something, (we all want to be the biggest fan, i suppose. i mean... that's what tom bombadil is for... right? so we can prove how much more we know than someone else?) :wink: than about the possibility that a good book can help change a person's heart. i want everyone to read these books. maybe it's because i remember reading them as a kid, and the first seeds of the gospel were planted then... i'm not sure. they're just important.

i'm not trying to be argumentative... it's just what i think.

i'm kind of surprised about narnian fans' positive response to the movie. i was really disappointed. i don't really get a chance to talk about my issues with it because of the negative things people have to say about "book snobs." i mean, i know we all went through similar pains with LOTR, but i didn't really expect it with LWW... the complexity of tolkien's story made some changes necessary (though still, at times unfortunate... & poorly done)... but with LWW, i didn't think it would have been necessary. all that to say... it's difficult to communicate what most irks me about the new narnia movie... but i think that certain attitudes that are prevalent in the film that lewis... strangely enough, did not include in his books. he didn't write lucy to be clever & sassy... i sincerely think Aslan would have had something to say in regards to edmond's rebellion towards the end of the film.... "he's not the king yet!" brilliant. and really... did Aslan give the pevensie children the idea that they were what was really important in the story... or is that just hollywood reaching out to our softer side... i mean, we want kids to know that they're special... & important... right? i know i'm totally in danger of becoming one of those people who over-analyse... but it's just that the stories are so dear... and the movie really seemed to miss the mark. please believe me... i did go into the theater eager to be pleased... and left feeling... let down. though you may disagree, i'm sure you all understand.
UrendiMaleldil
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 15th, 2007, 9:07 pm

i understand perfectly but I actually left the theater feeling "let up" if you know what I mean. I felt depressed for weeks knowing that I couldn't get into Narnia. :cry: I got over it when I read the books again. (and of course got the Narnia DVD for Christmas.)
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 15th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Welcome, UrendiMaleldil!
Sven

Postby UrendiMaleldil » January 15th, 2007, 9:38 pm

thanks!
UrendiMaleldil
Wardrobian

Re: first post... bear with me.

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 15th, 2007, 10:02 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia