This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Another Illustrator's Error

Please don't close the door behind you.

Another Illustrator's Error

Postby loeee » August 8th, 2004, 12:59 am

"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Re: Another Illustrator's Error

Postby carol » August 8th, 2004, 4:58 am

carol
Wardrobian

Re: Another Illustrator's Error

Postby loeee » August 9th, 2004, 8:26 pm

But it is still such a marvelous picture. The costumes and detail are really lovely. I tried to tell myself that it was after they had freed the slaves, but it just doesn't fit.
"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

if she'd sat at his feet

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2004, 8:45 pm

My cousin Paulette Bourgeois writes the Franklin kids books (which have been made into a television show, which you may or may not have heard of depending on where you live :-). The illustrator is Brenda Clark. I happen to know that in the case of Franklin, there was always a close collaboration between Bourgeois and Clark, writer and illustrator, which helps immensely in matching the text with the pictures.

Remember that Pauline Baynes only met Lewis twice. She was in her twenties; he was in his fifties. Her lack of close collaboration with the athor may have resulted in some miscommunication.

Really good catch on your part, though!

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia