This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Chronicles of Narnia: TLTW&TW DVD

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: The Chronicles of Narnia: TLTW&TW DVD

Postby WolfVanZandt » April 28th, 2006, 2:07 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » April 28th, 2006, 2:35 am

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » April 28th, 2006, 3:43 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Re: re: The Chronicles of Narnia: TLTW&TW DVD

Postby carol » April 28th, 2006, 11:17 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » April 28th, 2006, 3:46 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » April 28th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Holy shoot, Stanley -
That's seriously Orthodox!
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby carol » April 28th, 2006, 9:56 pm

I doubt that Mr Gresham has elements missing from his understanding of the atonement. It is not merely the nature of the self-sacrifice, but also the nature of the One who is offering himself, that does the Deeper Magic.
"..who has committed no treachery..." is, in the Christian book, "sinless", and there's only One who qualified for that description.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 1st, 2006, 1:16 am

The impression that I got was that Adamson didn't have a very good understanding of the princiles in the book; yet, the movie jad them all. I can start with the movie a present a complete account of the gospel. This movie is popular with both Christians and frank pagans and I have already had opportunities to witness to nonChristians because of this movie.

I have no problem with it.
WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » May 9th, 2006, 3:42 am

The Rusmeister happily reports that the Russian Express has delivered the DVD! Had a semi-solemn viewing Sunday night. I really enjoyed it; all the changes I had been forewarned about didn't bother me. Big surprise - the whole scene of the melting river with the wolves, which was patent nonsense, stretched all believability, and had no particular point -why didn't I see anything posted on this? In addition, the music for that scene on the soundtrack ("To Aslan's Camp"), which has such a wonderful start and implies chase, is wasted on that non-existent scene, rubbing a little salt in the wound. Also, re The bloopers was a little disappointing, as they kind of melted and blended everything, so I got more of a sense of vague behind-the-scenes laughs, and not much on clear bloopers.
But on the whole, I really enjoyed it!
"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 9th, 2006, 4:04 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 9th, 2006, 12:53 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » May 9th, 2006, 3:29 pm

rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » May 9th, 2006, 3:33 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 9th, 2006, 8:57 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Jo March » July 10th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Oh dear, now I am in a quandary. I semi-deliberately haven't seen LWW, because I have such lovely images of Narnia and LWW in my head, I was afraid of what the movie might do to them. (I know, the movie doesn't change what's in the book, but sometimes movie images still end up crowding out, to a degree, the ones in your imagination. Or at least that sometimes happens to me, maybe I am just strange.)

In any case, after reading this thread I'm still unsure whether to see it. Had this problem with LOTR, too, though, but got over it and enjoyed the movies, despite their shortcomings. So I think I will eventually see it, as it doesn't sound like there is anything so horrible it will scar me for life or anything, but I am still a bit nervous. :undecided:
"'In our world,' said Eustace, 'a star is a huge ball of flaming gas.'
"'Even in your world, my son [said Ramandu] that is not what a star is, but only what it is made of.'"
-- The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader"

Member of the 2456317 Club
Jo March
Wardrobian

Location: Lovely New England...second only to the original. :)

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia