This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Chronicles of Narnia: TLTW&TW DVD

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: The Chronicles of Narnia: TLTW&TW DVD

Postby Pete » July 10th, 2006, 10:30 pm

I for one would encourage you to watch it, Jo. It certainly isn't the book and it has a lot of weaknesses, to be sure, but it also has a lot of strengths (which some, I daresay, seem to overlook in their criticism of the movie), but the best thing to remember about all the criticism (and the praise!!) of the movie as stated in this thread (and elsewhere) is that all it is is people's opinions - so don't let that have too much affect on your decision - just some advice. :wink:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Re: re: The Chronicles of Narnia: TLTW&TW DVD

Postby Stanley Anderson » July 11th, 2006, 2:31 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » July 11th, 2006, 3:08 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » July 11th, 2006, 3:37 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » July 11th, 2006, 3:44 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » July 11th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Jo March » July 12th, 2006, 1:01 am

Oh, boy, four days on this site and already I'm causing a controversy! :undecided:

Ah well, A Christmas Story is one of my favorite movies, and this avatar cracked me up, so here it shall stay. No offense intended toward anyone who may have been, like Ralphie, a connoisseur of Lifeboy and the other soap delicacies. :smile:

"It.....it was.....soap poison!!!"
"'In our world,' said Eustace, 'a star is a huge ball of flaming gas.'
"'Even in your world, my son [said Ramandu] that is not what a star is, but only what it is made of.'"
-- The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader"

Member of the 2456317 Club
Jo March
Wardrobian

Location: Lovely New England...second only to the original. :)

Postby wingedllama » July 12th, 2006, 1:06 am

If anyone is offended, I will fight for your right to keep it. :smile:

I love that movie. Every year, on TNT I think, they play it for 24 hours straight on Christmas. It was family tradition growing up to have at least one tv playing it for the whole 24 hours, even if no one was paying attention to it at the moment.
wingedllama
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » July 12th, 2006, 2:48 am

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Jo March » July 17th, 2006, 8:11 pm

"'In our world,' said Eustace, 'a star is a huge ball of flaming gas.'
"'Even in your world, my son [said Ramandu] that is not what a star is, but only what it is made of.'"
-- The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader"

Jo March
Wardrobian

Location: Lovely New England...second only to the original. :)

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia