This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnian characters in your life

Please don't close the door behind you.

Narnian characters in your life

Postby Lady Rebecca » April 30th, 2006, 3:21 am

Do any of you have people in your life who remind you strongly of characters in the Narnian chronicles?

My horse, in one respect, is very much like Bree. He is rather self-conscious about rolling, and would prefer to do it when no one is watching. Often, I will take him out to his round pen, and wait five minutes or so to see if he will roll. He won't roll in my sight unless he's desperate. I will walk back to the barn and begin cleaning out his stall, and while I'm doing that, he gets in his roll. Silly boy!
"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

re: Narnian characters in your life

Postby Shadowland Dweller » April 30th, 2006, 3:24 am

lol that is funny!! My father is law is Puddleglum....but not as fun though lol
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby VixenMage » April 30th, 2006, 4:48 am

Yep! I think... what makes a story so realistic, what makes people love it, is when they can identify to the characters. My sister said that of the Harry Potter books. Everyone's known a McGonagall, been or been friends with someone like Hermione, known people like Malfoy, etc.

Personally, my younger brother reminds me of Edmund. He may mess up and so forth, but you love him anyway, and you know that he'll always do something to make up for it... even if he hasn't done so yet... he will... and he's still special and your brother, even if he doesn't come out of it. And in that his dangerous actions eventually will trap him, and do.

Also, there's Rumblebuffin. Cuinn greatly reminds me of him. The resemblence is so very striking... It's uncanny. :grin: *flees*
"The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain."
VixenMage
Wardrobian

Postby jo » April 30th, 2006, 11:08 am

I've met quite a lot of Puddleglum's .. I can be a bit like that myself, too ;). And of course there are plenty of children who are like Eustace and Edmund used to be..
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » April 30th, 2006, 8:44 pm

My mom is like Mrs. Beaver.
"You'll thank me later, b/c I'm making you carry this jam and butter and bread over miles of country. I don't suppose we can take the sewing machine. I hate to think of that witch messing with it..." That sort of thing... Fussy, and busy, and taking care of everyone, thinking of everything we'll need... generally sweet and kind...
My roommates in college used to call my mom "the '50s mom" b/c she cooks these huge meals and loves to play hostess.
However, she's also quite the modern woman with a college degree, etc...
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Áthas » May 1st, 2006, 3:02 pm

Áthas
Wardrobian

Postby Prince Caspian » May 2nd, 2006, 4:26 am

Oh empty my heart.... I've got to make room for this feeling.... This feeling is bigger than me!:D
Prince Caspian
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia