This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

looking for 1970 hardcover set

Please don't close the door behind you.

looking for 1970 hardcover set

Postby goawayugh » May 10th, 2006, 11:19 pm

My wife has a paperback set of the books from 1970. I am looking for the same set in a hardcover version. It was published by Macmillan, I have already tried to contact them, that company no longer exists.
I have also tried ebay and abebooks.com, not much luck.

If anyone has any info on obtaining these books, I would GREATLY appricate it.

Thanks.
goawayugh

re: looking for 1970 hardcover set

Postby goawayugh » May 10th, 2006, 11:52 pm

I know getting a set will be tough. If anyone can direct me to getting the set one by one, that would help too.
goawayugh

Postby Lady Rebecca » May 11th, 2006, 5:07 am

Greetings, goawayugh!

Look what I found! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Chronicles- ... dZViewItem

Hope that works....

It is a set all from the 1960's, not 70's, but perhaps it is what you are looking for?

Hope that helps! :)
"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby Lady Rebecca » May 11th, 2006, 5:10 am

I just noticed that the auction ends in 16 1/2 hours! :shocked: Better hurry if you want to nab it!
"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 11th, 2006, 7:54 am

I've got a set from the early 70s in paperback - but it's not for sale - it's too precious!!
carol
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » May 11th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby Rosie Cotton » May 11th, 2006, 11:25 pm

Oh, those are beautiful. Those are the ones I first read, in our grade school library. When I first discovered Narnia. Oh, how I wished Aslan would open a door somewhere, pluck me out of school and into an adventure!! (sigh)
... and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.
Rosie Cotton
Wardrobian

Postby Esther » May 13th, 2006, 2:48 am

I'm pretty impressed that you found those, Lady Rebecca. I had looked all over ebay for a hardback set at one point and couldn't find any. Granted, I'm not sure my husband would have let me spent $200+ on them even I had found them... :/
Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby Lady Rebecca » May 13th, 2006, 5:48 am

I wasn't even looking for them. :) I was just scanning around Narnia stuff for sale and saw it, and remembered that someone wanted something like that...

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia