This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnia and the occult??

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: re: Narnia and the occult??

Postby Monica » May 16th, 2006, 11:35 am

Monica
Wardrobian

re: Narnia and the occult??

Postby King Edmund » May 16th, 2006, 9:19 pm

These people are crazy. I never knew I was in a occult. :angry:
Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » May 16th, 2006, 10:00 pm

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 17th, 2006, 9:10 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » May 18th, 2006, 3:45 am

Well yes, that would be hell for US Carol! :lol: Not that the folk from that website would be crazy about pullman either, I'm sure.
"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby Lara » May 18th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Lara
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » May 18th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby princessquitealot98 » May 19th, 2006, 6:46 pm

I did not choose to look at the site. I felt that it seemed pretty clear from the responses here that I would not find any valued and intelligently stated opinions there. So, as I give my two cents, keep in mind it's catalyst was this thread and not the website in discussion.

As A# stated, there are people who believe that Catholicism has pagan practices rooted in their theology. It, to them, then changes the message of their gospel and becomes one that is in opposition of truth.
Anything can be researched, by "net", books and articles, interviews, archives, etc. If this is anything that anyone has an interest to know more about, one could certainly discover what the views are if they were so inclined.
(Please note: I have not stated a personal belief. I have simply provided the knowledge of a known belief in existence.)

Some people also believe that anything to do with "magic" is witchcraft. Those would provide biblical reference to witchcraft as harmful, dangerous and in opposition to the truth of Jesus Christ. Further some might say, "Christian" or not, to participate in such things in anyway would be in opposition to the truth as well.

(Again, please note that I am providing information I have come to know of in my own researches of life. I tend to research ALOT of things and often will find myself chasing a tidbit offshoot of my original research subject. I like to be informed, it helps me make important decisions intelligently. One can not always trust their "feelings".)

Personally, I do not indulge in much fantasy. I do not indulge in CON, LOTR trilogy or HP. These are not something I enjoy, for various reasons. One of which is, I do not care for battle scenes.

Finally, please remember, I am not saying that any of the above information is what anyone on the website in discussion is "saying". I have not chosen to give that site my time and attention. Therefore, I am not defending or championing their opinions. I am providing information I have based on the two common "issues" I see discussed here.
Thanks for listening.
Member of the SECULAR tolerance cabal of the Wardrobe
princessquitealot98
Wardrobian

Postby Mary » May 25th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Mary
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 26th, 2006, 4:57 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » May 28th, 2006, 1:45 am

Last edited by Ticket2theMoon on May 28th, 2006, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » May 28th, 2006, 1:55 am

===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » May 28th, 2006, 2:03 am

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia