This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnia, and my life...

Please don't close the door behind you.

Narnia, and my life...

Postby Scott West » May 23rd, 2006, 1:53 am

I have to say, this post might mean nothing to some of you, but it might mean the world to others. Narnia has changed my life, C.S. Lewis, rather, changed my life. I love these books. I honeslty, have found hope, even in The Last Battle, I found hope, that there is an eternal place (Heaven), and that there is a God who cares. I need to ask a question about Narnia: If you could go on one (1) adventure in Narnia, what would it be? It can be anything, you can be Shasta and the White Witch, or you could react one adventure that already happened, or you can make up a completely different adventure that one of the children went on, or it could be you. Anything. What would be it?
Scott West
Wardrobian

re: Narnia, and my life...

Postby Lady Rebecca » May 23rd, 2006, 4:54 am

Scott,

I know what you mean.

If I could go on any adventure, I'd go with Shasta on his. And then stay in Narnia for the rest of my life.

I was thumbing through a children's spin-off book about the creatures of Narnia at a store, and the last page said something to the effect of:

"Now you must return to your own world. Unless, that is, if you would rather stay in Narnia."

And I thought, 'Of course I want to stay in Narnia.' :) Once you got there, why would you ever want to leave?
"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Re: re: Narnia, and my life...

Postby mrsbroyles2003 » May 23rd, 2006, 5:04 am

Narnia changed my life too. I was already a christian, but it let me veiw God as more personable and more loving. the thought of Him talking to me and calling me "dear one" had never occured to me untill I "met" Aslan

It wouldnt matter to me what the actual adventure was that I took. Just so long as I was able to be on a personal basis with Aslan and maybe the Pevensie chilren as well. just to be another "character" in any of the adventures would be amazing...and I too would never want to leave!
no siggy yet....tryin to think of somethin witty...
mrsbroyles2003

Postby Pete » May 23rd, 2006, 10:00 am

Narnia changed my life too!!! :grin: Actually, I often find myself seeing things and explaining them in Narnia context, so much so that these days whenever C.S Lewis is mentioned - everyone turns their heads in my direction...I'm quite fond of that, I must admit.

You know...I think I'd like to sit down with Susan and find out why and how she could turn her back on Narnia, and help her to see the light and the Truth and what she'd turned her back on. Ohh...and I'd also like to go to Narnia in the times of King Ram the Great of Archenland, and Queen Swanwhite of Narnia and meet them. Wouldn't that be nice? :grin: Ahh well, maybe I might do the next best thing - write some fan fiction about meeting them. :grin:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Puddleglee » May 23rd, 2006, 11:50 am

'Ridden a wha-ha-ha-hat!' - Bree

Member of the 2456317Club!
Puddleglee
Wardrobian

Postby David » May 23rd, 2006, 1:16 pm

The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
David
Wardrobian

Re: re: Narnia, and my life...

Postby Lady Rebecca » May 23rd, 2006, 4:22 pm

"Well, you know how it feels if you begin hoping for something that you want desperately badly; you almost fight against the hope because it is too good to be true; you've been disappointed so often before. But it was no good trying to throttle this hope. It might - really, really, it just might be true. So many odd things had happened already." - from the magician's nephew

Member 2456317 Club
Lady Rebecca
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » May 23rd, 2006, 4:39 pm

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » May 23rd, 2006, 5:29 pm

There was a really dark time in my life around 15 or 16 years old, when I just couldn't see God and I felt very much forsaken. I would re-read CON over and over, and knowing Aslan helped me to find God again.

If I could go on any Narnian adventure, I would choose the Dawn Treader.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby wingedllama » May 24th, 2006, 2:38 am

Member of the 2456317 Club
wingedllama
Wardrobian

Postby Breka » May 24th, 2006, 11:54 pm

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Breka
Wardrobian

Postby jo » May 27th, 2006, 11:30 am

"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » May 30th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Jo, an encouragement to hold to any of that hope that you may still hold onto - I think Lewis is fairly accurate in his vision of Christ and heaven, that comes through in all his writing. So, I hope you don't completely dismiss that hope because people (like me) are too assertive at times. :wink:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » July 3rd, 2006, 3:08 pm

Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby Áthas » July 3rd, 2006, 10:14 pm

Narnia was a huge part of what brought me back to God after I'd sort of turned to satanism and then atheism. I actually didn't want to go back to God. I read the space-trilogy and I read the Narnia-books and suddenly I realized I was back. It had sort of surprised and overwhelmed me.
The Narnia books encouraged me to imagine heaven, to think about what it could be like and to, in my mind, let it become a place where I'd like to be.
I'd heard that God loved me, but I'd never felt that love and I'M not sure whether I actually believed the love-part. Obediece, yes, and many rules and things I wasn't allowed to do, but God really loving me was a thought I couldn't really grasp. Aslan made it real and sometimes when I'm feeling really, really bad, I imagine going to heaven and running into God's arms and never letting go again. Sorry, I know this sounds terribly childish. :blush:
Áthas
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia