This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnia, and my life...

Please don't close the door behind you.

Re: re: Narnia, and my life...

Postby A#minor » July 4th, 2006, 3:47 am

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby loeee » July 7th, 2006, 5:27 pm

"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

re: Narnia, and my life...

Postby Jo March » July 8th, 2006, 6:28 am

I am tearing up just reading all of these responses! :blush:

It's hard for me to put into words just how much Lewis, and the Chronicles in particular, have meant to me over the years. The single biggest influence on my walk with God, besides the Bible, has been Lewis' writings, and it all began with CoN. No other books have ever touched me the way CoN do...I think it is impossible to read them and not love Aslan and Narnia with all of your heart.

I also wanted to throw in my two cents of encouragement that the love of Aslan is truly the love of Christ for each of us. I know it is sometimes hard to see, especially for those who have had bad experiences with churches, but He is the Great Lion and my dearest joy is to know that someday I'll really get to kneel down before Him and maybe even bury my face in His beautiful, golden mane. :smile:
Jo March
Wardrobian

Location: Lovely New England...second only to the original. :)

Postby Scott West » July 9th, 2006, 2:13 am

Scott West
Wardrobian

Postby Jo March » July 9th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Jo March
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » July 9th, 2006, 11:49 pm

My take on it is that Father Christmas is supposed to represent the Holy Spirit by dispensing the gifts and counsel.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Jo March » July 10th, 2006, 12:14 am

That's a good point, Sven, thanks! I don't think I ever really thought of it that way, but you are right about the gifts and counsel...it makes sense. The gifts he gives the children are to be used during their adventures, according to their talents and inclinations, just the way the gifts the Holy Spirit gives us are to be used in our lives according to our talents/inclinations. Don't know why I never thought of that before, but I appreciate your response!

Also, I forgot I wanted to actually reply to Scott's original question about which adventure we'd choose to go on...I think mine would be to set sail on the Dawn Treader, taking a slow journey to the Utter East with plenty of adventures along the way.
Jo March
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia