This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

New extended release of LWW??

Please don't close the door behind you.

Should they release an extended version of Lion, Witch & Wardrobe?

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!
59%
It could be cool, but I have already bought my DVD so I could live without it.
21%
I don't think they should--let's focus our efforts on Prince Caspian and leave LWW as it is.
21%

Total votes : 29

Postby Milton » December 12th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Milton
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » December 12th, 2006, 5:23 pm

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 14th, 2006, 2:25 am

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Milton » December 14th, 2006, 2:27 am

Milton
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » December 14th, 2006, 2:41 am

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » December 14th, 2006, 3:00 am

David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 14th, 2006, 3:31 am

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » December 14th, 2006, 3:40 am

nomad
Wardrobian

Postby Esther » December 14th, 2006, 4:47 am

Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » December 14th, 2006, 5:12 am

No offence to Milton and all...but I quite frankly think that the statement that Prince Caspian won't see the same kind of success as LWW will be shown to be a rather gross misjudgement by the time the movie comes out in mid 2008. I base that opinion on several things (1) Lewis's name carrying a weight of its own, (2) genuine Narnia fans know of the other books as well as LWW, but also, I've noticed here in Australia, and I'm presuming elsewhere, bookshops are not only using the movie to promote LWW but also the other Narnia book, (3) promotion of the movie (when it's approaching release time) within Christian communities, family-friendly movie groups and fantasy communities, (4) the fact that several of the cast are of course reappearing in PC.

Basically, I'd be surprised if the movie isn't successful at the box office. :pleased:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » December 14th, 2006, 5:32 pm

David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby Milton » December 14th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Milton
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » December 15th, 2006, 12:40 pm

Well, I've said before, and I'll say it here again, I agree with you, Milton, and David Jack, that LWW didn't meet my expectations either...but I don't necessarily think that is a reflection on how PC (or the other movies) will turn out to be, in my opinion, I think that the areas where it was unfortunately a bit distant from the book were probably because it is a bit slow until they get to Aslan's camp, admittedly. I mean, sleeping in the hiding place for beavers in bad times - it almost wouldn't appear to deserve a place in an action adventure movie, would it? So I know that's not the only issue...there's plenty more issues I could list here where it didn't meet my expectations and many I'm guessing you'd both agree with. However, I think despite its failings, one of the movie's strengths is that the characters were built and depicted well - and I think this strength will be built upon in the telling of the story in the movie PC, that's why I think this movie will surpass many Lewis-fan's expectations.

I hope that made sense - it is nearly midnight (that's my excuse if it didn't! :smile:)
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » December 15th, 2006, 5:15 pm

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 15th, 2006, 7:35 pm

Rusmeister, I don't understand your post in this conversation.

Is it possible that you are talking about"Political Correctness" - rather than "Prince Caspian" ?? [PC is the standard abbreviation among Lewis fans for the book Prince Caspian.]

If you ARE talking about Prince Caspian, I cannot follow your idea at all, sorry.
carol
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia