This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Susan gets back to Narnia after all...

Please don't close the door behind you.

re: Susan gets back to Narnia after all...

Postby Erekose » October 14th, 2006, 2:23 pm

The word "bus" crept in there either as a normal typo or a freudian slip.

Was thinking that maybe the 4-th world would involve a strange and unusual place where bus drivers were treated with respect, and people catching buses used at least a couple of brain cells... ho hum.

/me is just being sarcarstic in the above paragraph... in case anyone thinks that it REALLY is part of his Extended Heresy.

:toothy-grin:

The gentlman from the NW of England is a tad mystifying though.. If its an aside towards me, then the West of Midlands (almost Wales) would be more appropriate.

/me considers an argument could be made for being Welsh, as it seems that Viroconium was at one time part of Powys.. and so we may well have been included also :toothy-grin:

/me decides not to point out he uses the correct use of "Y" and not "i" in powys
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Coyote Goodfellow » October 14th, 2006, 4:16 pm

"I don't care if it is wrong," said one of the moles. "I'd do it again."
"Hush, hush" said the other animals.
Coyote Goodfellow
Wardrobian

Postby Tharkun » October 15th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Tharkun
Wardrobian

Postby Tharkun » October 15th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Tharkun
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » October 20th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Tharkun » October 20th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Tharkun
Wardrobian

Those air raids

Postby Steve » December 3rd, 2006, 4:22 pm

Psalm 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
Steve
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 4th, 2006, 9:48 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » December 4th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 6th, 2006, 10:06 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » December 6th, 2006, 10:33 am

Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Paul F. Ford » December 13th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » December 14th, 2006, 1:00 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » January 8th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Don't hate me for this Susan story. It really was a lot of fun to write. :smile:

After the accident Susan had become so closed off even her friends could get nothing out of her. After a time they simply stopped trying. A couple of years later Susan moved into a house with her husband, a plastic Ken to her emotionless Barbie. During the move she came across a small envelope which, unbeknownst to her, had been sent to her the week before the horrific crash which had taken her family. Seeing no return address on it, Susan opened the envelope and turned the contents out onto her palm. She had just time to see two rings before the world went insane.

Susan awoke in a green wood and lost her head for a full two minutes. In this time of confusion one of the rings fell from her hand unnoticed. As she turned around trying to place herself Susan tripped over her own feet and fell into one of the many pools littering the floor of the wood.
Susan found herself in a spacious, elegant room, the kind of room she had always imagined she deserved to have. Within the room were many beautiful people staring at the stranger who had so suddenly appeared in their midst. Quickly servants came and waited on her.

She received the best of treatment, the best food and the loveliest clothing. The royal family, who were very superstitious, adopted her and gave her a new name so that Susan now had another sister and became a princess of the realm. If she had not been so pleased with what she was given, perhaps Susan would have wondered that the people of this realm were not quite human, but she ignored the niggling thoughts and threw herself with pleasure into her new life. As she ate more of their food and learned more of their magic, Susan’s own humanity faded and one day, unnoticed, died altogether. Susan grew tall, strong, and even more beautiful than she was before.

Her sister hated the new princess, and when their parents died the adopted princess and the natural princess began a civil war for the throne. One day she-who-used-to-be-Susan, for she remembered nothing now of her former life, stood before a mirror and gazed at the pale, statuesque beauty she had become. Turning, the woman walked to the window and stared down at her war torn city. Then the self-proclaimed queen threw her head back and uttered the word which destroyed forever the ancient city of Charn.
"We are armed with the truth. What can harm us if we are armed with the truth?"
"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 8th, 2007, 6:10 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia