This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnia Books

Please don't close the door behind you.

Narnia Books

Postby zevonfan88 » July 26th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Several books about Narnia for reasonable prices can be found on amazon. One book thats a good read but I dissagre with at some points is "The Lion the Witch and the worldview." Its a book that examines Narnia in a philiosphical manor. I am upset that they don't consider the Christian themes. Try the books out though. And they have several other books on Narnia.
zevonfan88
Wardrobian

re: Narnia Books

Postby Erekose » July 26th, 2006, 10:17 pm

If I had time/resoursces to check out various books, I certainly would. :read:

Although I tend to take symbolisms in books with a pinch of salt, unless its clear that they are intended to be such (can't remember the titles but "The Journey of Joenes", and the one about an escalating Arms Race between neolithic Men are two in point).

Ohhh to have more free time to read more :read: :read: :read:
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby jo » July 31st, 2006, 3:14 pm

Well the Christian themes in Narnia are fairly obvious, George .. I don't think that anyone would argue that they weren't meant to be there :D
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » August 16th, 2006, 1:29 am

Quite the thread stater, zevonfan88. At least more than I. I agree with Jo on this point. How could one not see it?
Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » August 16th, 2006, 4:18 am

I think there are those who have wandered so far off from God, that everything they see is viewed as totally separate from Him. And then there are those who plumb just don't want anything to do with God.
'Tis sad, indeed.
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby King Edmund » August 18th, 2006, 8:44 pm

True.
Without my friends or cousins, I don't make sense. Life would be somewhere not worth my time.

Member of The 2456317 Club
King Edmund
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia