This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

101 Things We've Learned in Narnia

Please don't close the door behind you.

101 Things We've Learned in Narnia

Postby Ticket2theMoon » August 21st, 2006, 3:07 pm

What have you learned about life from your visits to Narnia? Be sure to number yours where the person before you left off and we'll see if we really can find 101 things. Also, if your life lesson comes from a specific book or character, give that, too.

1. Justice and forgiveness go hand in hand. (Aslan, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe)
===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

re: 101 Things We've Learned in Narnia

Postby wingedllama » August 21st, 2006, 4:31 pm

2. It is never wise to shut oneself inside a wardrobe. (LWW ch 1)
Member of the 2456317 Club
wingedllama
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 21st, 2006, 4:37 pm

3. A "torch" means something different in England than it does in the US

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » August 21st, 2006, 4:41 pm

4. Even a dead dragon's cave is dangerous. (VDT, ch. 6)
===========================================================================================

It is with words as with sunbeams, the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn. --Robert Southey (1774-1843)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 21st, 2006, 5:23 pm

5. To invite a centaur over for the weekend is a serious business. What with two stomachs to feed, breakfast alone takes hours to eat. (The Silver Chair, Chapter Sixteen)

Question: Can we only post one thing per post, or can I keep going? I've thought of some others.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby wingedllama » August 21st, 2006, 5:30 pm

My suggestion: I've thought about it A, and I can think of several more too. Why don't we agree though to only do one per post, and not to double-post either. That way we can get as many wardrobians as possible to contribute.

Otherwise, I'm sure you or I could just finish this list by ourselves :wink:
Member of the 2456317 Club
wingedllama
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » August 21st, 2006, 5:42 pm

6. Always remember to wipe your sword. (TLW&W, ch. 12)
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 21st, 2006, 6:05 pm

7. A true knight never scolds like a kitchen-girl. Courteous words or hard knocks are his only language. (The Last Battle)
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » August 21st, 2006, 6:57 pm

I suppose I should have layed out the rules when I started this, but I hadn't thought that far. The one-per-post-and-no-double-posting rule is good. That keeps it from being confusing. So here:

8. Trust the Signs. (SC)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » August 21st, 2006, 7:16 pm

9. Never accept Turkish Delight from Ladies in Sledges.
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » August 22nd, 2006, 1:37 am

10. All worlds come to an end. (LB)
"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » August 22nd, 2006, 4:17 am

11. One ought to be careful to choose the right door when crawling between attics. (The Magician's Nephew)
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Ticket2theMoon » August 22nd, 2006, 5:42 am

12. Don't call on a god unless you're ready for him to show up. (Tash, LB)

Ticket2theMoon
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » August 22nd, 2006, 6:11 am

13. Listen carefully if the youngest (and most truthful) says to go down the ravine (Prince Caspian)
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby carol » August 22nd, 2006, 6:36 am

carol
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia