This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Supposing God was a Lion: C.S.Lewis

Please don't close the door behind you.

Supposing God was a Lion: C.S.Lewis

Postby Pete » January 8th, 2007, 7:48 am

I happened to turn on my radio last night to ABC Local Radio, 936 ABC Hobart, on the Sunday Nights (religion and spirituality program) just after the midnight news, and as I did so, the presenter, John Cleary introduced a program which aired on a sister station, ABC Radio National on 14 May 2006 on the program The Spirit of Things. The program was of course about Lewis and Narnia (see the subject title of the thread), and it included interviews with Doug Gresham, Robert & Linda Banks (an Australian couple who've written Bible study guides to Narnia and other things) and Christopher Mitchell (Director of the Marion E. Wade Center at Wheaton College).

Anyway...I was hoping to download the program, as I was able to download a program during '06 with an interview of Doug on one of the ABC radio stations, but unfortunately, as yet, I can't see that I may be able to do that. However, I am able to give the url with the transcript. I hope you'll find this as interesting as I did:

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 8th, 2007, 9:40 am

They were most of the main speakers at the Lewis conference in Sydney in the first week of May.

Some of my notes from the talks have been posted on Narniaweb. I could also put a link to the conference site, where further info, transcripts and audio is available. These people are GREAT value!
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » January 8th, 2007, 10:02 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 10th, 2007, 8:47 am

Chris Mitchell is a very learned but lovely man - he's like "professor of C.S.Lewis".... and although I wasn't always sure what he meant, most of what he said in his talks at the conference was uplifting and interesting. He KNOWS things!!
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 10th, 2007, 10:17 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby matthewf335 » August 9th, 2007, 2:52 pm

matthewf335

Postby Sven » August 9th, 2007, 3:18 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia