This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Last Battle

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Maid of Ithilien » January 15th, 2007, 4:15 am

Aslan can do what he wishes; after all, he is not a tame lion. :toothy-grin: He loved Eustace even while Eustace was a beastly brat, and that is why he called him to Narnia in the first place. Eustace made a dramatic turnaround, and why would Aslan choose not to use him because of his pre-reclamation personality?
Maid of Ithilien
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 15th, 2007, 8:21 pm

ok, ok sorry 4 my stupid post. :smile: I realize I'm going to have to think before I speak in this group of intellectuals.
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 15th, 2007, 9:12 pm

nah, not stupid. As the wise old Gunny once said, "The only stupid question is the one you don't ask". Of course, the wise old Gunny said this as he was making me stand at attention for hours in the South Carolina summer sun, so I may have been delirious. :undecided:

Odds are there were other people that were wondering the same thing and just didn't ask it. So, you've done them a favor if nothing else.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby LucyPevensie » January 15th, 2007, 9:14 pm

Thanks Sven, you made me feel much better. :toothy-grin: but i do have a few questions. What is an old gunny. And You've been in South Carolina?
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 15th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Old gunnys come in many shapes and sizes, but this one is a fine specimen of the species...

...and I spent a fine summer during the early 70s at pleasant spa being lovingly instructed by one much like him :pleased: .
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby LucyPevensie » January 15th, 2007, 9:28 pm

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » January 16th, 2007, 2:48 pm

I always found LB to be more sad than the other books. I mean, I know it ends well, but the bulk of the book is just rather depressing to me. I don't know that I will ever get it out of my head that LB is the dark one of the books, and hence it is harder for me to read. That being said, once they get through the door the description and everything is wonderful. Lewis had a wonderful imagination when it came to heavenly places (see Perelandra) and is so much fun to read in describing them.
"We are armed with the truth. What can harm us if we are armed with the truth?"
"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 16th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » January 16th, 2007, 4:07 pm

"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 16th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 16th, 2007, 4:10 pm

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » January 16th, 2007, 4:17 pm

You have stirred my curiosity (and my longing for an alive Narnia :wink: ). Methinks I must look it up when I get home. *mutters gloomily about work requiring precedence over Narnia*
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 16th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » January 16th, 2007, 4:30 pm

BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 16th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia