This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

"C. S. Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia"

Please don't close the door behind you.

Amazement Never Ends

Postby Reep » September 1st, 2010, 7:15 pm

Further up and further in! -- The Last Battle
Reep
Wardrobian

Re: "C. S. Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia"

Postby CKinna » September 2nd, 2010, 3:24 am

I hate to keep an old thread going, especially since I only come around now and again, but "CS Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia" is the best documentary on the market, particularly a documentary with a Narnia bent. Our local Lewis Society watched this in whole as a group and then each section indivdually as we discussed each Chronicle. Everyone loved it! I have watched it at least 10x and each time it brings goosebumps - just wonderful! While this does focus on Narnia, for a more rounded documentary (though not as emotionally satisfying) try "The Life of CS Lewis" a Day of Discovery 2 hour, multi-part production.
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Postby Fairfax » September 7th, 2010, 5:14 am

This is my favorite disk of the set. I watch it more frequently than the movie itself. It really gives insight into the life of C. S. Lewis and how his imagination contributed to the richness of his stories.
Fairfax

Postby glumPuddle » September 13th, 2010, 2:27 am

I also quite enjoyed this piece. The only thing I didn't like were the animated Baynes illustrations. Really cheesy. I'm a huge fan of Pauline Baynes' illustrations, but I don't think animating them made them any better.
<---Click
Chronological Order: 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956
glumPuddle
Wardrobian

Postby CKinna » September 14th, 2010, 7:05 am

I thought Baynes' illustrations was the simple beauty of the documentary. Then again, Stan Mattson - CS Lewis Foundation, who is in the program, told us at a viewing during one of their conferences, that this was a last minute afterthought - which makes it that much better that something they "threw" together was just so good.
What does not satisfy when we find it, was not the thing we were desiring. - Brother Jack
CKinna
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia