This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Prince Caspian filming? (A QUICK QUESTION)

Please don't close the door behind you.

Postby Baynesman » February 12th, 2007, 11:30 pm

I for one worry that Caspian is ( IMO, of course ) the weakest of the books and if it fails at the box office could spell the end of filming for some time...

Regards

Mike
Baynesman

Postby Biff » February 13th, 2007, 12:47 am

"With hindsight perhaps it wasn't a good idea, oh well must be my hind cataracts..." Prof H.J. Farnsworth

"It was not for nothing that you are called Ransom" said the Voice..
Biff
Wardrobian

Postby King Peter » February 13th, 2007, 4:15 am

"But if the Witch could have looked a little further back, into the stillness and the darkness before Time dawned, she would have read there a different incantation. She would have known that when a willing victim who has committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards." - The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
King Peter
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » February 13th, 2007, 4:19 pm

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby carol » February 13th, 2007, 6:30 pm

carol
Wardrobian

Postby Esther » February 14th, 2007, 12:02 am

Thanks for posting that interview, Carol. It looks really interesting, and I looking forward to reading it in more detail when I have time.
Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » February 14th, 2007, 2:07 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » February 14th, 2007, 12:05 pm

Prince Caspian is the weakest in terms of storyline. That's not to say that there aren't any good scenes (there are) but like Carol said earlier: in many parts it's far too similar to LWW to be um... legal. :lol: You know what I mean.

A#minor, how on earth did you come up with the idea that The Magician's Nephew and The Last Battle have the weakest storyline's? They are significantly different from any of the others (of which PC suffers from not having) and are sound.

I never thought of The Horse and His Boy as being the weakest at all, but certainly the most lonely of the books (so different, more mature).

Interesting...

Member of The 2456317 Club
Warrior 4 Jesus
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » February 14th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Well, in Magician's Nephew especially there is more talking and explaining than there is action. Not really condusive to movie-making. And in Last Battle there is a lot of explaining done as well. Also in much of Last Battle the characters are talking, wondering what will happen, wondering what they should do, which works marvelously for a book, but might look awkward in a movie. Just my very humble opinion.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Abandoned castles, bear attacks, midnight hikes...

Postby Breka » February 14th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Oh dear, more people saying PC is a weak book...I should go have a good cry somewhere. :cry: Confession time: It's my favorite book, and I could never understand why people didn't like it. Of course, when I was little Peter was my hero, so it could have just been the duel between he and Miraz.
But still, first they come across their castle in ruins, then they rescue a dwarf from death, get lost in the woods, attacked by a bear, shot at by an outpost, follow Aslan along a cliff in the middle of the night, wake the trees, break into a meeting with a Hag and a Werewolf, fight a duel, fight an army, feast...shall I go on?
I think part of the reason it comes across as not so exciting is because of Lewis' writing style. There is very little feeling of urgency or action, even when things are happening. It does have all the excellent components for an exciting adventure story, though.
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Breka
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » February 14th, 2007, 5:41 pm

"We are armed with the truth. What can harm us if we are armed with the truth?"
"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby carol » February 14th, 2007, 6:05 pm

Breka, I don't think any of the books are weak. I love Prince Caspian. In fact, guess what is in my bag for lunchtime reading at work this week!? :smile:
But I can see that the film-makers need to take care how they are presenting it.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » February 14th, 2007, 6:16 pm

I'm actually excited about it coming out. :tongue:
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Breka » February 14th, 2007, 9:12 pm

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Breka
Wardrobian

Postby rusmeister » February 15th, 2007, 4:33 am

"Eh? Two views? There are a dozen views about everything until you know the answer. Then there's never more than one."
Bill "The Blizzard" Hingest - That Hideous Strength
rusmeister
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia