This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Magician's Nephew

Please don't close the door behind you.

The Magician's Nephew

Postby LucyPevensie » January 20th, 2007, 8:52 pm

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Breka » January 20th, 2007, 9:43 pm

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Breka
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 20th, 2007, 9:50 pm

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Postby Bill » January 20th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby ArdenZ » January 21st, 2007, 12:38 am

"The master of that servant will come on the day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour that he is not aware of."
Matthew 24:50
ArdenZ
Wardrobian

Postby David Jack » January 21st, 2007, 1:09 am

"This is and has been the Father’s work from the beginning-to bring us into the home of His heart.” George MacDonald.
David Jack
Wardrobian

Postby carol » January 21st, 2007, 9:15 am

It is a fantastic book!

And I just found out that one of our local amateur theatre groups will produce a play of MN this December. I have seen it before, done both by them and in London by professionals.

There is so much in the book for making us feel inspired, comforted and hopeful.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » January 21st, 2007, 4:29 pm

Have to admit.. It's my favourite one.
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Maid of Ithilien » January 21st, 2007, 4:46 pm

I can never decide which is my favorite. I love them all, and yet I always prefer one over another for different reasons. Does that make any sense?
Maid of Ithilien
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » January 21st, 2007, 5:25 pm

Makes perfect sense to me as I am the same way. That is what great storytelling is made of :read: :pleased: It is similar (for me anyway) trying to choose a favorite character.

(Maid of Ithilien, you are a wardrobian! :clap: )
Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Postby Breka » January 21st, 2007, 10:03 pm

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Breka
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » January 22nd, 2007, 12:49 pm

Although TMN is not exactly my favourite book, I believe the series just wouldn't be the same without MN (apart from the obvious fact that it wouldn't be there), if read in the publication order it does help of course to not explain some of the background to LWW but it also explains some of the useful background information for LB...so I don't think Chronicles could really do with out it. Along with that and along with all the other books in the series, it really has some beautiful qualities about it. So whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying it's my favourite, like you, LP, I certainly wouldn't go as far as your sister and your grandpa who hate it.
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby UrendiMaleldil » January 22nd, 2007, 1:26 pm

"But please, please - won't you - can't you give me something that will cure Mother?" Up till then he had been looking at the Lion's great front feet and the huge claws on them; now, in his despair, he looked up at its face. What he saw surprised him as much as anything in his whole life. For the tawny face was bent down near his own and (wonder of wonders) great shining tears stood in the Lion's eyes. They were such big, bright tears compared with Digory's own that for a moment he felt as if the Lion must really be sorrier about his Mother than he was himself.
"My son, my son," said Aslan. "I know. Grief is great. Only you and I in this land know that yet. Let us be good to one another...."

sigh... that is why i love the magician's nephew. when i do sit down to read the entire series, i read it in published order... but if i'm in the mood to break from what i'm currently reading and throw in one of the chronicles for the fun of it, i always go to the horse & his boy first, and if i've read that one recently, i'll read the magician's nephew.

i've never actually talked to anyone who disliked it...
i would be curious to hear their reasons. :pleased:
If you were subjects of Maleldil, you would have peace.
UrendiMaleldil
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » January 22nd, 2007, 2:18 pm

My favorite is usually the one I happen to be reading.

I do love Aslan singing Narnia into existance. It is a marvelous intro both for Narnia and for Aslan. And Uncle Andrew is quite amusing. And Fledge/Strawberry! What could I even say about a horse with wings?

That bit you just posted, UM, is wonderful. Makes me want to read the whole series again.
member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Postby LucyPevensie » January 22nd, 2007, 4:27 pm

Pete, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but my Grandpa loves it too. :smile: I also think it's interesting that the reason that the White Witch (or Jadis) came back to Narnia because the special tree planted by Digory died. Any connection with the death of the tree in London? I first read TMN when I was 7 or 8 and I finished it in three days! My mother, needless to say, was shocked. :wink:

LP
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
LucyPevensie
Wardrobian

Next

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia