This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Need title for dance

Please don't close the door behind you.

Need title for dance

Postby Aava » 26 Jan 2007, 18:59

I choreographed a dance based on the reactions of the four children upon hearing the name of Aslan for the first time. It has four sections representing each of the children. And I cannot think of a title. And I need one by Monday. (very stressed out right now)

I would love some help.

Thanks,
Aava
Aava
Wardrobian

Postby carol » 26 Jan 2007, 19:21

Hi Aava! What an intriguing choice for a dance - is it to be four solos or a group effort?

How about "Aslan is on the move"?

A friend of mine years ago choreographed a piece based on the creation part of Magician's Nephew, for a whole teen dance class. It was great!
Hope yours goes well. :smile:
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Aava » 26 Jan 2007, 20:29

I originally had it as four solos, but abstracted it a little more. The girls' sections are trios and the boys' are duets. Don't ask me how I chose it that way, it just happened :smile:

-Aava
Aava
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 26 Jan 2007, 22:53

I like Carol's idea of lifting the title directly from the words of that passage in LWW. Some phrases that have lept out at me as I read that bit are....
The Dream So Beautiful
Some Enormous Meaning
At the Name of Aslan
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Re: Need title for dance

Postby Stanley Anderson » 26 Jan 2007, 23:20

Aava wrote:I choreographed a dance based on the reactions of the four children upon hearing the name of Aslan for the first time. It has four sections representing each of the children. And I cannot think of a title. And I need one by Monday. (very stressed out right now)

I would love some help.

Thanks,
Aava

Sounds like a wonderful idea -- what music are you using?

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Aava » 29 Jan 2007, 14:05

I'm using sections of two pieces by Kenny Passarelli.

-Aava
Aava
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » 29 Jan 2007, 14:25

I'm sure this is rather obscure and open to too easily misunderstood imagery because of the archaic use of the word here, but I guess because I'm starting the study of Lewis' The Discarded Image in the other forum, I'm reminded of the four humours of the medeival view of the human condition, Blood, Choler, Phlegm, and Meloncholy. As Lewis describes in the book (secton G The Human Body, in chapter VII The Earth and her Inhabitants). These words (as well as the use of "humour" here) have different meanings in this context than we might think of as we use them today, but in the way Lewis talks about them, I think they could easily apply to those four impressions that the children each had, and possibly their very personalities in general.

So I would be tempted to suggest for a title something like "The Humours of Aslan" or "The Humours of Aslan's Name" or "Aslan Humours" or something to that effect, if it weren't so susceptible to people thinking it was meant to be a funny work.

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia