This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Missing scene in Prince Caspian

Please don't close the door behind you.

Missing scene in Prince Caspian

Postby Guest » 15 Apr 2007, 22:52

In another forum, Stanley brought up a missing part of the gospel narrative that seems like it would make a great part of the story. That brought to mind a scene from Prince Caspian that is glossed over that I thought would make for an emotional part of the story. That would be a description of the children's reaction when the see the stone table at Aslan's Howe (especially Edmund).

Oh well, perhaps they will put it in the movie.

- Dan -

Postby Leslie » 16 Apr 2007, 22:29

I wonder, though -- it's only the boys who see the Stone Table in PC, and only the girls who saw Aslan's sacrifice in LWW. Of course, both Peter and Edmund would have heard the whole story, but the sight of the Table might not have the same emotional punch that it would for the girls. But it would be a dramatic moment, and I'll bet you're right that the director will take full advantage of it.
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » 17 Apr 2007, 13:12

That's true, the girls never make it into Aslan's Howe in the book, but it script clues appear it might be a possibility in the movie. I guess the big emotional impact would be Edmund, since he was the one Aslan sacrificed himself for. It makes me wonder if, during the golden reign of the Pevensies, Edmund the Just would ever ride his horse alone to the site of the broken Table to remind himself of the meaning of justice and grace.

- Dan -

Postby carol » 21 Apr 2007, 06:29

It seems reasonable to me that the girls would go to Aslan's How too, if that is being made the base for Caspian's followers. They just don't need to be there in the scene where the boys and Trumpkin arrive just in time to save Caspian from the black magic lot.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » 21 Apr 2007, 19:36

But by the time the girls join up with Caspian's followers, the battle is over, the feasting on the bank of the river begins shortly after, and there is no need to hide in the caves of Aslan's How. But I suppose they might go on a little sightseeing tour in the four days between the feast and the day they go through the doorway.
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia