This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Introducing the Chronicles

Please don't close the door behind you.

How were you introduced to the Chronicles and how do you think they SHOULD be introduced?

I discovered them on my own as a child and think they should be read by children themselves the 1st time.
27%
I discovered them on my own as a child and think a parent reading to the child the 1st time is the best way.
No votes
Someone read them to me as a child the 1st time but I think they should be read by children themselves the 1st time.
No votes
Someone read them to me as a child the 1st time and I think a parent reading to the child the 1st time is the best way.
27%
I discovered them as an adult and think they should be read by children themselves the 1st time.
13%
I discovered them as as an adult and think a parent reading to the child the 1st time is the best way.
13%
I have another option (explain)
20%

Total votes : 15

Postby Guest » June 3rd, 2007, 2:03 am

Postby texascat » June 3rd, 2007, 6:56 am

I worked with 4-5 year old preschoolers this last year and I have to say, not a single one of them would be able to understand, appreciate, or sit through any of the CoN. We spent the year learning to share, take turns, ABCs, etc. In my humble opinion, reading them the Chronicles would be like feeding a baby a steak. They couldn't digest it, much less appreciate it.

I'm sure many of you have brilliant 4 and 5 year olds who can do calculus and read all seven books on their own, but the ones I worked with (my own two kids included) are not so privileged. :smile: Of course, in a country that values test scores over intellect and celebrates mediocrity over excellence, I could expect no less. :smile:

But don't get me started, don't even get me started...
"Never judge a book by its movie." J.W. Eagan
texascat
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Chronicles of Narnia